IGNORED

odd unlabeled defender NTSC??

christianscott

decided to take a closer look at a cart i've had for sometime. its a black shell, unlike any in my collection in terms of notches and and molds with no label or glue marks on it. on the cart there is small tag that reads NTSC and big screw, which i unscrewed. the game is defender, no doubt, atari on the screen but the chip has "defender ntsc" written on the sheilding in sharpie. so i'm guessing this is some sort of pirate thing but why bother to tag it ntsc?

what up with this thing?

sure doesnt look like my atari lab loaner...

Yeah, i got about 5 blank cart cases recently. None have any glue marks or scratches.

They are , spiderman, tutankaman, mmmm demons for diamonds and some star wars. They all have a sticker with either the initials or just scribble on the rom chip. The rom also seems to have a smaller square shape poke out in the middle where the stickers are. Soughtta like a mini heatsink

I think they are pirate?? The demons for diamonds has a capacitator the size of a small battery.

Does your cart have a section with a grip on the back??

the cart shell has a full legnth label frame on the front (screw side) and on the back side there is a 2.5 inch by 1/4 inch strip of horizontal raised lines. the sides have 5 thin rounded raised grip lines. unlike a lot of your cheap pirate carts it has the spring loaded chip protector on the bottom like an older atari cart.

i guess what really makes me wonder is why the NTSC label as i found it in the US.