IGNORED

Lost in Shadow

vdub_bobby

Anybody interested in this? There was a preview in the latest issue of GI and I finally got around to looking it up online.

It used to be titled "The Tower of Shadow," but has apparently been renamed Lost in Shadow.

IGN has a bazillion screenshots; here's a sample:

post-6060-125986690845_thumb.jpgpost-6060-125986691135_thumb.jpgpost-6060-125986691249_thumb.jpgpost-6060-125986691318_thumb.jpg

GameTrailers has a German trailer from GC 09:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-the-tower-of/54514

Looks very cool IMO - supposed to release in summer 2010.

• 1 year later...

This game is so incredibly cool and awesome!

Plus, I just found a Bomberman easter egg somewhere near the 48th floor!

Hey Stan... I read a description of the game where it says something along the lines of "you have to remain in shadows and can't venture into light, and must solve puzzles to cast shadows in order to venture further along your path".

I haven't played Lost in Shadow but was wondering if gameplay or theme is anything at all like the WiiWare game "Lit" where you have to remain in the light and solve puzzles to turn on lights to venture further?

I tried the demo of Lit when it was available and it was a pretty cool game. While I'm positive that Lost in Shadow is a much more involved, the concepts of both games sound familiar and I was curious.

Mendon

Sounds similar. In LoS, you are the shadow of a young boy which has been torn from him and cast to the bottom of a great tower. You must ascend the tower and rejoin your body. Since you are a shadow, you can only interact with the other shadows, hence you move and interact with the shadows of the environment and the not the objects themselves. By interacting with the shadows you can influence things in the real world and you must do so to open passages and alter the shadows to enable your ascent. YOu can affect light sources to change the size and shape of shadows, or even the direction they are cast. You can manipulate shadow objects to change things in the real world, like levers and other controls. As you progress you can find memories that make your shadow more substantial and therefore able to take on the more substantial shadow monsters that block your path.

It is an incredible and fresh take on platform gaming with absolutely incredible atmosphere (think Ico or Shadow of the Colossus). To my mind it is one of the MUST HAVE Wii games. I am on the 48th floor and things just got even cooler...

I got my copy a few days ago. (like almost a week ago)

Is it me or is the outside insert like really poor quality printing?

It looks like something printed on a printer from the 90's. LOL

Not putting the game down at all because I haven't tried it yet. In fact I'd much rather play a hand crafted game by people who just want their game to be played by the masses but don't have $3 million to spend on advertising and packaging.

I was just saying, that was my first thought when I opened the package.

Really looking forward to trying out the game if only because I know StanJr knows video games. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...