IGNORED

So who else HATES Tekken 6?

2600Lives

Well, after getting in a solid weekend of playing, I'm maintaining about a 60% win to 40% loss ratio in ranked games with King. The juggling STILL pisses me off like no tomorrow, though. Certain characters can flip you up once, take you to the wall, then it's all over, just put the pad down. Alisa seems to be the best at doing this. The end result of certain characters getting all the good moves and with all the juggle combos has left me resorting to a single move of King's to make it through most of my matches, the stagger kicks. Low attacks win the day when it comes to Tekken, and though King isn't all that good at it, the stagger kicks do give him a decent weapon to all the Asuka and Baek players out there.

I'd say that the game rates about 6 out of 10 stars. It's definately the weakest of the Tekken games, but the online features do give it a whole new dimension.

I HATE the new characters, though, with the exception of Dragunov (he's NO fun to play against, though). Alisa is so far out of place in the series it's not even funny, and she is SOOOOO goddamn powerful it's unbelievable. Lars is similarly powerful, able to just kick your ass across the screen before you can even recover for an instant. I also think it's absolutely ridiculous to make Asuka so damn powerful. What, are you telling me that a teenage Japanese schoolgirl that weighs 80 pounds is going to stand one chance in friggin' hell against fighters like Marduk or Paul? Seriously? She's got this infinite chain that she can do where you HAVE to parry to get out of it, and I mean HAVE to as it hits so fast and so close that you have no choice.

When it comes to online matches, I'm getting SOOO tired of fighting against Lili, Asuka, and Alisa all the damn time that I've started dashboarding the instant I see anyone in ranked playing them (or Devil Jin, fucking come ON). Kazuya is similarly annoying to fight against, especially the VERY easily done spin kicks he does, but if you can block quickly, he's easy enough to take down.

I went through Scenario mode. Meh. Too hard, too long, and I could just care less. You have to go through secret stages, some on HARD to get all the characters endings, and again, I just could care less. Speaking of endings, they are RIDICULOUS. One of the things I've always loved about Tekken were the goofy endings. They never took themselves too seriously, but here, it's just so over the top stupid that it's almost become a parody of itself. Seriously, Lee shooting exploding golf balls at the three Mishima's? Kuma tossing Heihachi and Kazuya out of a SPACE SHUTTLE? And many of the endings are just re-hashes of others with possibly a slight change here or there. All in all, just meh. I can't bring myself to give a shit about it.

So, I'll probably play it for a couple of months, then lose interest like I did with SF4. After a while, you just get sick of facing the SAME characters over and over and over again online. Nobody EVER plays guys like Ganryu or Jack or Paul, it's always the lame female characters or the top tier ones.