IGNORED

DaytonaUSA's Collection

DaytonaUSA

It's not what it used to be. I used to be in the habit of selling a system and all it's games when I was bored with it. I did this about 4-5 cycles before I just started keeping the systems and collections around for when I had interest in them again. While this sounded like a smart move, and to some degree it was, I ended up with simply too many systems/games that I never would ever want to play. I simply owned them because they were rare.

This is the first time I've posted my collection, and I figured it would be a good time. This is when much of my collection has been cleared out, and I'm left with what I really play with on a monthly basis. Yes, that mean the complete N64DD collection went out the door lol.

ANYwho, without further adieu:

PS2 Test hooked up to my iMac:

photo22-6.jpg

Mint Virtual Boy (I have the box, baggies and paperwork) I got for $50. I got this simply by luck. It's my 3rd V Boy, but it will be my last for sure. Everything about it is brand new. Even the lenses don't have a single scratch. In the "great cleanse" I couldn't bear to sell this, even if I rarely play it.

photo2-29.jpg

My current favorite system, and a beauty it is. I never owned a PS1 with the original controller back in the day and now I do. It's a thing of beauty and infinitely better than any other controller in the PS family, in my opinion ;).

photo32-5.jpg

My Atari 2600 Collection....yea, bye bye!

photo24-2.jpg

My white 500GB PS3:

photo3-23.jpg

My Debug PS1..I love this system so much:

photo4-19.jpg

My mint Super Famicon, no yellowing! I always hated the Super Nintendo because of how utterly ugly it was. I had a love/hate relationship with the system, and have had over 7 because I constantly bought and sold them. I realized that I loved the SFC look, and started collecting for it instead.

photo2-28.jpg

Ok, left to right, from up to down...PS3, simple dvd player, debug ps1, Model 1 (best) US Saturn mint, white JP Saturn mint no yellowing, ultra rare mint Hitachi HiSaturn with beige buttons, N64 divorced from N64 DD unit, Dreamcast with Karaoke DC, US DC... and a netbook and DJ Hero controller haha.

photo5-16.jpg

SFC Collection, Drawer #1:

photo23-4.jpg

SFC Collection, Drawer #2:

photo52-5.jpg

SFC Collection, Drawer #3.. sorry I can't show all these. So many great games here:

photo33-4.jpg

Saturn Collection.. too many too show individually. So many gems here:

photo-19.jpg

PS1, PS2, GC (couldn't sell these couple games since I love them so much, even though I don't have a GC anymore haha), and PS3 collection. I know the PS1 is kinda weak atm. I'm building it with many more on the way that I couldn't get in the picture in time:

photo42-5.jpg

DC Collection:

photo34-3.jpg

VB and N64 Collection:

photo43-5.jpg

Boxed PC games, N64 games, ect:

photo53-4.jpg

My mint, never used Mario Paint JP:

photo4-18.jpg

And my controllers stacked carefully as not to damage them. You can see some odd ones. There's the Hitachi Saturn's controller, and my Super Gameboy SFC controller:

photo6-8.jpg

And to show my unwavering love for gaming in general, and more specifically to the Saturn, my car which I've shown here before ;). Thanks to all the sold games and systems for making this possible. I don't miss you! :P

photo3-21.jpg

photo-18.jpg

Edited by DaytonaUSA

Whats a Sega......You need some Atari goodness...Go to Albert and confess your sins

Haha, honestly I had one, and many games. But I never played it, so it fell victim to the clear out ;).

No sins to confess, I enjoy what I play ;)

What did you get rid of in total? Did you ever have a Jaguar?

AX

Never had a Jaguar as the games for it that are good are on other systems in some way or another (Tempest 2000, Iron whatever it was.. the 3rd one is on the Playstation)

(includes all the games) I got rid of my SNES Mini collection, N64 DD collection, Atari 2600 collection, NES Toaster/NES Toploader collection, Sega CDX/32X Collection, DS collection, ect. I really just did a big sweep and got rid of a lot of stuff.

Nice collection! Or what's left of it anyway. ;)

Distilling a collection down to just what actually makes you happy is a difficult thing to do, with many judgement calls involved. But once you do it, it's very freeing.

I find that it's a continual process, as you alluded to. Although I haven't bought any systems I don't really care for in many years (finally kicked that habit), I'm currently in the process of weeding out my collection of games for each of the systems. Probably 20% of my games are going to need to go, one way or another.

Anyway, thank you for the peek at your collection!

You need to TRY Jaguar. The games that appear on other systems are not what the Jag is all about. There are plenty of awesome exclusives :D I will bring you to the Jag side one day.

;)

AX

Haha, no no no. Don't get me started buying more systems :P. Besides, I've seen how much those CD add ons go for. I don't want to get into another money pit haha. It reminds me of a mix of Saturn and 3DO, which is probably why I have no interest in it. That, and mainly, I had no interest in it when I was younger, so I don't have that emotional connection to it, like I have to all my systems I've kept.

OMFG that WRC Celica is LEGENDARY. Did you do anything performance wise?

Also: Good to see someone else with a Debug.

Haha, yes it is, and I love it very much. It's not an exact replica as the real one is a GT-Four which was not sold in the US. However, I plan on doing a 3GTSE engine swap one day, so it pretty much will be one ;). I've done quite a few performance mods and have others planned in the future. It all comes down to time and money ;)

And yea, I read your story about how you found your debug back then. Lovely system isn't it? Great conversation piece and perfect for imports.

Nice collection! Or what's left of it anyway. ;)

Distilling a collection down to just what actually makes you happy is a difficult thing to do, with many judgement calls involved. But once you do it, it's very freeing.

I find that it's a continual process, as you alluded to. Although I haven't bought any systems I don't really care for in many years (finally kicked that habit), I'm currently in the process of weeding out my collection of games for each of the systems. Probably 20% of my games are going to need to go, one way or another.

Anyway, thank you for the peek at your collection!

Yea, I remember when I got rid of my DD collection, I almost started second guessing myself. Same with my CDX. But I realized that I made the right decision. Sometimes you collect things because they're in great condition and they're rare (COUGH VBoy I'm looking at you). Don't get me wrong, there were a couple great games I loved on each, but they weren't worth the money I could get for the collections, so I ditched them.

Hey you're welcome. Again, I probably should have done this thread BEFORE I cleared house. However, I think this best represents me and my gaming tastes. I have quite a few PS1 games on the way, and I'll try to get some of the good SFC and Saturn games in some pictures to share with the rest of you.

Ever tried Virtual On and Enemy Zero?

Yep. Enemy Zero is terrible, and while you can't see it, I have a boxed Virtual On twin sticks to the left of the TV. I use the sticks though primarily on Gundam Side Story part II and III on the Saturn though.

You have sold all your A2600 stuff.........that´s bad! ;)

Maybe, but it's now with someone who will play it. ;)

Edited by DaytonaUSA