IGNORED

Which consolde did you receive as an Xmas gift

ddaniels

I think I actually received more systems on my birthdays than I ever did for Christmas. I received a Game Gear system one Christmas. My parents didn't want to make the jump to 16-bit like everyone else was, so I received that instead. A couple years later, I did receive a SNES, and that I have to admit was probably the best xmas, ever. I think my parents bought it used from a co-worker, but it didn't matter--It had Castlevania IV and Mario World with it, two of my absolute favorite games back then, and they also got Mario All Stars (fairly new back then) which was also a great addition.

Later down the road I received a Jaguar CD system for Christmas.

1992 - Sega Genesis

1994 - 32X

1995 - Sega Saturn

Wow, 1995 must have been kick ass compared to 1994 ;).

I wish I had a Saturn at launch. I didn't end up getting one till much later, 1. as I could never have afforded it by myself back then and 2. by the time I could, I was into the N64 as the Saturn was gone. Looking back now, I should have picked up the Saturn instead.. but now I have three, so it's all good ;).

I got my TurboGrafx-16 for Christmas one year. My XBox was another year. But I don't remember the exact years on either one.

I know my wife got me my Jaguar as a gift, but I don't remember the occasion. It was the first time she really surprised me with a gift. Usually I can guess them, like on the XBox, I picked it up once, felt the back and found the opening where they scan the console itself, put it back down and said, "It's an XBox." But the Jag, she got on EBay so it was just in a big box. I didn't even know she knew I wanted one.

2600 light sixer, Christmas 1981. Suspected something was up when I first opened Asteroids :) Didn't know at the time, but they were pretty expensive, and my parents weren't rich (actually, I think my dad was just really cheap), but either way it was surprising they spent so much. Best Christmas gift ever!

Ever since, I have to buy my own stuff.

I was given consoles new as a gift a couple of times, but the only time that it was on christmas, and under the tree, was when my sister and I got our Super GameBoy + DK Land and Super Mario Land. I remember tearing into that wrapping paper next to the Christmas Tree on the night of Christmas Eve. We were too excited, the parents let us open it early.

I also got Jurassic Park II for SNES the next morning, which had absolutely nothing to do with the movie, and came out way before it.

Good memories :)

Bummer, I didn't actually get any consoles as Christmas gifts...

But 3 years ago, I gave a friend at work a Dreamcast system with NES and Atari 5200 / 8-bit emulators. A few weeks before XMas, We were playing NES games on my system for a good 8 hours, and he was just gushing about how he'd love a similar setup. He was totally blown away when he opened the present....

Not sure the years but;

NES

Gameboy (phat)

Gameboy light

R-zone :sad:

N64!!!!

Wait, why the sad face about the R-Zone?

Thanks for reminding me though, I also got an R-Zone for Christmas once. But I was young, and it excited the crap out of me! It was the one you could wear on your head. What a freakin gimmick though! Still sucks I don't have it anymore.

Intellivision II - 1983, but I think I played it once and that's it.

Atari 7800 - 1989 & 1990

Nes - 1991

Genesis - 1992

32x- 1994

Sega Dreamcast - 2001 Got it as a Gift from my younger brother.

Atari Lynx - got it as gift from younger brother in 2005.

Sega Game Gear - Got it as a gift in 2007 from younger brother.

Other game systems I bought myself or I am a co owner of.

It is possible for someone to get game systems as an adult for Christmas gifts. My younger brother is video game player like I am and enjoys retro games.

Your younger brother sounds like a pretty kick ass bro.

Oh, I also remember getting another R-Zone style console for Christmas, it was a Goosebumps LCD game that looked like a green Gameboy. The cartridges were purple, and like the R-Zone, the screen was built into the cartridges because they were just cheap little LCD games.

But I actually like it a lot and played it pretty often when were driving somewhere, along with my cool Gameboy radio. It was a little AM/FM radio that looked like a Gameboy.

Only got one console as a Christmas present, that was in 1983, a brand spankin new 2600 light sixer. No other consoles as gifts ever since then or before.

Wow, same here. I could have written that post, weird! Did you get ET and Pacman that same christmas too?

Funny story, I visited my folks over Christmas and found that they still had the box for our Atari! Actualy, I think they still have all of the Atari stuff somewhere, but the box is now in my collection!

Edited by SRGilbert