IGNORED

Advice for a Neo Geo Pocket?

z28in82

I just recently got a Neo Geo pocket, it came with Sonic but I was looking for a suggestion or two as to what other good games there is for this system?

I know about Samurai Showdown and plan to get series that but I really don't know much more about it.

Thanks in advance,

P.S. if anyone wants to cheeply get rid of some double or whatever let me know thanks :D

It's a great little system, I play it about every day, can't say the same thing for my Gameboys unless some game hooks me (Mario golf and Tetris I'm looking at you.)

If you like sports/baseball, Baseball Stars Color is the game I play every day. Great arcade big-head action. If you like action, then Metal Slug 1 and 2 are must own games, fun and fast shooters. Fighting games can get you hooked on this system too, try Match of the Millenium Cap vs. SNK is very addictive. I usally don't like fighting games too much but this one got me playing and unlocking things for months. Gal fighters is excellent as well.

The Shangai port is fun if you like puzzle games and if you are into adventure/rpg games Farseli is awesome. There's some quality games for this system, I haven't run into too many stinkers. I wish I had some doubles to trade with you but I only own the games I mentioned plus I bought a Flash Linker from Lik-Sang to try out some other games after the software becomes hard to find.

I apperiate the feedback.

I love fighters so I'm already looking into SNK vs Capcom, final fight.

Sports are ok but I'm more of a soccer person as opposed to a basbeball person, can't stand baseball cause it take forever and a day to finish a game

There seem to be a few good puzzles out there that I will have to get but I can't stand playing RPG on a compact system (or in general), I hate playing long, intensive game on such a small screen cause I'll get "cought" playing for like 4 hrs or so and then my eyes are killing me all day.

Just got done looking thru ebay for game for the system, got a small list. Is there web site with a listing of all the available game or a forum like this where I can discuss these games with Neo Geo fans?

Great resource are the forums at: http://www.neo-geo.com/

They have a NGP forum there, if you don't like baseball games, I think the Neo Cup soccer and Turf Master golf games are good too. If you want to try some of the NGP in emulation there's a great emulator called NeoPop that supports sound and 99% of the games: http://www.emuxhaven.net/~neopop/

I love my Neo Geo pocket.Here are ym two fav games right now for it:

Cardfighter's Clash:SNK vs Capcom-You have to have this game!It is the best card fighting game ever!There is a Capcom and a SNK cart,thye just have a few different cards than the other.Just buy it,it is really good!

Puyo Pop-Sure there are about a hundred different Puyo games but I like this one the best.A very good puzzle game.

Well that is what I am playing right now,you can't go wrong with them! :D :ponder: :)

Well I apperiate all the helpful hints, didn't expect for this to be such a well loved system. I will haveto check out that site and possible test out some game thru the emulator first.  

Thanks once again for all the help guys, you are all great

Oh yea anytime!Just about any fighting game for the system is great,gotta love that joystick! :D :P :)

I love the NeoGeo Pocket Color, it's a great little system.

Must haves -

Match of the Millenium and Samarai Showdown 2

Rockman Power Battles. It's a Japanese Import, but at least the NGPC is not region specific.

other good ones are -

KOF R-2

Cardfighters Clash

Bust a Move

Metal Slug

I have Biomotor Unitron but haven't played it much, looks like a pokemon style RPG with robots.

The Neo Geo Pocket Pac-Man is really pretty good too.

If anyone finds a good light for the NGPC please let me know. I have a 3 in 1 worm light, but it provides less than optimal light distribution.

-Chuck

Never knew the Neo Geo existed until recently, same goes with the WanderSwan.... not popular here, but "Big In Japan" as they say.

Those who do own one over here seem to really love the little guys. They say some of the best and most interesting games are available for both of those systems.

I'm going to get one of each. I have a Gameboy Advance of course.... :lust:

I have no idea which games to get myself, will have to search the net for clues. :twisted:

Here are a few games that I would recommend:

1.)Biomotor Unitron (very cool game, you make robot parts, fight other robots.... gain experience and money... ect)

2.)Fatal Fury 1st Contact

3.) Metal Slug 1 & 2

4.)King of Fighters R-2 (R-1 is not color, but it still cool)

5.) Shanghai Mini (I have not played it, but a lot of people like it)

6.) Gals Fighter

7.) Last Blade

If you are interested, I have a Fatal Fury 1st Contact and Pac-man both NEW, FF is in a hardshell case. $46.00 shipped for the both.

†B†V†

WOW 8)

I never woulda guess that this was such a cool lil system. I apperiate all the info and help. Got one helluva list to work on now. Thanks alot for all suggestions.

bluevoodu

I apperiate the offer and will keep that in mind, buit I think I have a new Pac-man and a used FF on the way, but if they fall thru I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

WOW 8)  

I never woulda guess that this was such a cool lil system. I apperiate all the info and help. Got one helluva list to work on now. Thanks alot for all suggestions.

bluevoodu

I apperiate the offer and will keep that in mind, buit I think I have a new Pac-man and a used FF on the way, but if they fall thru I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Cool!Get ready to have tons of great handheld gaming fun.

So what games did you end up getting? :D :? :)