IGNORED

need ebay advice

Rev

i recently sold a wii game on ebay(title not important).the person just messaged me that the game i sent them was all scratched and unplayable and that their kid thinks that santa does not like him.

my problem is that i know for certain that this game was in mint condition and had NO scratches and in fact was in brand new shape,like all my games are.and they want a refund now.(15.00).i know they are shafting me and it pisses me off :x

any advice on what to do????

should i:

send refund and forget about it?

tell them to send the game back and then refund?

any ideas?

here is the ebay message:

This Wii disc is full of scratches and won't work. I expect a full refund as soon as possible so I can purchase a new one for my son (who thinks Santa doesn't like him!!!!). Please reply asap.

Thanks!

Edited by revolutionika

Personally, I'd nicely offer to refund them the money after they send it back. You may still get shafted if they send you a scratched disk (one they already had, and replaced with yours), but at least it will cost them postage!

Edited by Ransom

Personally, I'd nicely offer to refund them the money after they send it back. You may still get shafted if they send you a scratched disk (one they already had, and replaced with yours), but at least it will cost them postage!

That's probably the route to take. You don't refund anything until they send the product back to be evaluated.

Yea I'd be worried about the switcheroo. Buyer has game X, game X is scratched too hell. Buyer buys identical game X on ebay from our seller. Buyer claims game X is scratched and sends seller their original disc. Makes you want to put some kind of permenant identifiable mark on your games before you sell them or right down some number from the disc or cart.

I have been there done that before on scambay. It sure does suck I would simply send them a message back stating that you will issue a refund upon inspection of the game when you receive it back. Think about it this way....Wal-mart would not give you a refund unless they are getting a product back in there hands. I would also state that any refunds are pending your inspection of the said game. If they pull the old switcheroo, then I would file a claim with ebay stating the merchandise was damaged by the purchaser if its possible. And or email him back and stating he is only getting a partial refund since he is the one who damaged it.

Example. I sold an atari console clone (gemini if i remember correctly) Item worked fine for me but he claimed that the picture was fuzzy so I asked him if I gave him 5$ off (original purchase was 15$) if he would be ok with it and it ended up working out in the end and I received positive feedback out of the deal.

Just my .02$

I remember many years ago a buyer telling my father in law who was selling some Saturn games we found together that the game he received had peanut butter all over it. Like WTF man? We inspected all those games. I'm sure we're going to smear the thing with peanut butter just before shipping it icon_rolleyes.gif

Edited by AtariLeaf