IGNORED

Will a Gamecube hurt a HD projection TV?

I dont think it would, because, the new TV sets are suposed to be backwards compatabile so a new TV set that is only HD and even 16:9 ratio would still be able to display the old regular signals, 10:7 and just like when you veiw HD signals on your old sets, (it has a bar on top and on bottem) where you have your view limited, The new sets will have bars on the sides, where the signal stops. understand?

The problem with projection tv's and video games are stationary images. If you believe what the AV forum people say burn in happens pretty easy. I got scared off from getting a projection because of that and went with the 40" sony instead. I was afraid I would fall asleep playing something and wake up to find the screen burned in.

Thanks for the input. We already have a "game tv", but the new one is driving me nuts to imagine a game on it. I have used a 51 inch projection (regular resolution) for years for games, and fortunately have not ever had a problem. I just do not want to hurt the new one.

You all sound about like I do, as long as the image is not stationary, it should be ok.

Thanks,

Cassidy

:)

you know what, those TVs are built pretty though nowadays, I wouldn't even worry about Burn-in, I collect video arcades and the projection screens on some of them have never had any burn in at all. maybe if you kept the screen still for hundereds of hours it would have a problem, but not with any sort of videogame.

Depending on the quality (phosphors used) of the screen, it takes quite some time for burn in to occur. I worked at a Taco Bell for three years with those T.V. menu screens. I didn't notice the start of burn in until about six months of using the same menu grid for 16 hours, seven days. Burn in was really bad at around two years. It was at the point that when you turned off the monitor, the phosphors were so trashed it didn't even look like it was turned off. To get serious burn in on a modern T.V. you'd have to leave it on the same image for quite a long time. Much longer than most people could conceivably leave it on for.

Though a projection T.V. doesn't quite work on the same principle, the toughness of those machines would be the same. I have serious doubts you're going to leave a game on pause for six months in an attempt to burn an image.