IGNORED

Text on 5200

Is there another easy way I can to text on a 5200? I was looking to use 5200Basic, but couldn't get it to compile. I'm going to try TASM (I think that's it) tonight instead of my usual DASM. Maybe that will work. I have no ASM skills unfortunately.

I have a simple project I am working on and once I found out how easy text could be done in 5200Basic it seemed like a perfect match.

If anyone wants to help out with a simple project, and by simple I mean very simple, PM me. I have something I've been wanting to make for awhile, but I didn't want to give out the information to just everyone

There be some cash involved if that makes it more interesting.. looking to bang out a quick thing, pop out some limited edition carts, all money would go towards AA. :)

Edited by yuppicide

If it's something like captions to go with graphics, you could just store them in memory and have a DList set up and merely change the LMS pointer to show the relevant piece of text. A bit wasteful though because if you have a line of only one or two words, it'd be using the full 40 bytes.