IGNORED

Saturn help needed,

DeV0

HI All

Im not sure whether this belongs here as the saturn isnt exactly modern.

Does anyone have any suggestions with fixing a saturn laser? I can get the machine to work but only after pushing the laser all the way to the back :(

Ive tried the orange colored screw which apparently increase the power, All this did was make the laser detect nothing.

Any help would be unroool;

dose the cd spin at all? I had that problem awhile ago with mine, and as it turns out the thing that holds the CD in the tray was too far down on the shaft and it wasent spinning, the way to check that would be to start it and then press the open button and see if the CD is spinning. other than that, maybe you can find a parts company that'll sell you the CD mech.

Your Saturn is basically garbage now. My Saturn quit reading discs without me monkeying with it. Cleaning didn't help, so I beat it to death with a wrench and burned the remains. The only part I saved was the battery. Of course I didn't destroy the games or peripherals.... Anyway, it's not like Saturns are rare yet. They can still be purchased on Ebay for around $30. Majesco MIGHT re-release them if their redone Gamegears sell well enough.

Ive tried the orange colored screw which apparently increase the power, All this did was make the laser detect nothing.

Then you probably turned it the wrong way. I had that problem when I tried adjusting the potentiometer. This did fix my problem with it not detecting my game, but it still crashed after getting read errors. Basically you're screwed. Like everyone said, buy a new one, it will be much cheaper than any repair you can do.

Tempest