IGNORED

Anyone Order from GO Atari or Telegames UK Lately

bojay1997

Just curious if anyone has ordered from either vendor lately. Go Atari's website was last updated a year ago and Telegames seems to be updated automatically, but they don't respond to my e-mails. Please let me know if anyone has ordered Lynx games from either place recently. Thank you.

goatari.com seems like they're updating prices/listings for 2010, but more than that I have no idea. My most recent acquisitions have been eBay, B&C Computervisions and 16/32 Systems.

Don't worry, Carl, I'm going to order Songbird stuff direct from the source when I've saved up some $$$ again. ;)

Telegames UK are closed from 1st Jan to 15th Jan for holidays. That's the reason why they do not answer to your email. Do not buy from their website directly because many items listed are no longer in stock. So ask them first!

GoAtari is still on business but Pete Curry have now another business and his answers could not be so fast. In USA you can check and order also from myatari or bestelectronics.

Just curious if anyone has ordered from either vendor lately. Go Atari's website was last updated a year ago and Telegames seems to be updated automatically, but they don't respond to my e-mails. Please let me know if anyone has ordered Lynx games from either place recently. Thank you.

Edited by Battlezone

I ordered from Telegames UK a few months ago. Be careful ordering from them as they automatically charged me the VAT. USA residents should not have to pay the VAT. Also, as previously mentioned a lot of items are out of stock. They did email me to let me know that. However, when I replied back three hours later asking about substituting another game I got no response. It would have been nice if they held my order waiting for a reply before shipping it out.

I ordered from Telegames UK a few months ago. Be careful ordering from them as they automatically charged me the VAT. USA residents should not have to pay the VAT. Also, as previously mentioned a lot of items are out of stock. They did email me to let me know that. However, when I replied back three hours later asking about substituting another game I got no response. It would have been nice if they held my order waiting for a reply before shipping it out.

Thanks for the information. Is VAT already included in their website pricing or was it added on? Were the out of stock items any of their self-published Lynx titles or were they other titles? Did anything you got come in any weird packaging variations? I noticed someone got a Telegames published game a while back that had previously been cardboard boxed and is now apparently being shipped in a jewel case, as well as a black or green board as opposed to the regular cartridge design.

VAT is included in their web prices. I think they have all Lynx games listed on the website. Some Telegames games are still with the original cartridge in curved style (I think Qix, Ultimare Chess Challenge, European Soccer Challenge). Probrably other Telegames games (Double Dragon, Desert Strike..) are out of stock in the old style cartridge, but there are in the new black PCB cart. They are complete with original manual/box. Anyway, ask them before order.

Most of their self published games should be in stock. Other items (especially non-Atari items) are probably not in stock. Also, the shipping charges are quite high. It's not worth ordering from them if you only plan to get 1 or 2 games. Emailing them before ordering is the best thing to do.

I'm actually in the UK, so postage was perfectly reasonable, at least if you apply the "how much does it cost to ship things" test rather than the "how come big retailers like Amazon/etc can do free shipping?" test. I ordered Battle Wheels and Switchblade 2, both original Atari games, and they turned up very quickly. And still sealed, which means that I haven't had the heart to open them — they've just been sitting on my shelf for about three months.

So, admittedly I'm repeating myself on the facts and basing my judgment on a very small sample, but for the purposes of providing an alternative viewpoint, I'd order from them again without a second thought.

Yes, I purchased a Lynx game from GO ATARI very recently and the service was excellent and the game was packaged very well. I would strongly recommend using GO ATARI.