IGNORED

PMG Designer / Editor

paladina

Is there any good Designer for PMG? I found PMG Designer, but I cannot work with it, manual is in Polish (damn I cannot this language good) and I dont know how to load PMD and use it in Basic (or Turbo Basic better), or is there any simply program on PC? I need good editor for make figures via PMG and animated it.

pmdd.zip

Is there any good Designer for PMG? I found PMG Designer, but I cannot work with it, manual is in Polish (damn I cannot this language good) and I dont know how to load PMD and use it in Basic (or Turbo Basic better), or is there any simply program on PC? I need good editor for make figures via PMG and animated it.

Have you tried this package?

http://pokeysoft.no/games/atari/a8util.htm

Do a search for U077a

• 10 months later...

Wau, the Genesis program looks realy good, can you anybody help me to do one of this program any PMG and then load it to Turbo Basic?

I've just started looking at Genesis to improve my PMGs for Gwobby Strikes Back. I've managed to get files loaded into Turbo Basic using BGET. Do you still want any help with this :?:

Are there any docs for Genesis anywhere :?:

As well the commands shown on the screen i've sussed out B and then image # 0-9(?) to store what you have created or copy an existing frame to another (left or right side) and Y for a disk directory. Press Ctrl-A then press return and then use space to step though images from 0-9.

Example PMG image files on disk: (escape then L then enter file name to load. Load 'eraser' to blank out all images to save clearing each one.)

post-19705-129116169399_thumb.png

It's a really nice program :thumbsup:

Are there any docs for Genesis anywhere :?:

This links to a where Wrathchild posted up the docs some time ago: Programmers Pack

The docs need to be cleaned up and PDF'd. I'll get to it some time. ;)

Thanks, that would be appreciated; I can just about make them out after printing :-o

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on a routine to load in Genesis PMG data files into Turbo Basic... nearly cracked it. For info: looks like the data for 'block 1 left side' appears to start at byte 56 and is 23 bytes long, then 'block 2 left side' ... then after block 10 left side has 'block 1 right side' through to 'block 10 right side'. Not sure why there are 55 empty bytes at the start :?: :ponder:

OK just read the docs! - there is a CDATA.DEC (or CDATA.HEX) program that will create a file with basic data statements (or assembler), so I could use this to then create my own data file, that'll teach me to be clever... The cdata.dec (& cdata.hex) are found on the 'Genesis Cracked ATR' but are renamed to GENCDATA.DEC (and GENCDATA.HEX) on the U077a disk.

More when I have tested these :)

Been working on a routine to load in Genesis PMG data files into Turbo Basic... nearly cracked it. For info: looks like the data for 'block 1 left side' appears to start at byte 56 and is 23 bytes long, then 'block 2 left side' ... then after block 10 left side has 'block 1 right side' through to 'block 10 right side'. Not sure why there are 55 empty bytes at the start :?: :ponder:

OK just read the docs! - there is a CDATA.DEC (or CDATA.HEX) program that will create a file with basic data statements (or assembler), so I could use this to then create my own data file, that'll teach me to be clever... The cdata.dec (& cdata.hex) are found on the 'Genesis Cracked ATR' but are renamed to GENCDATA.DEC (and GENCDATA.HEX) on the U077a disk.

More when I have tested these :)

That was probably my idea, if I remember, there were CDATA.* files on all the disks (Playfield Editor, Music Utility and so on) so it would have overwritten the first file if I didn't rename it. Sorry :-/