IGNORED

eBay Sucks Donkey Balls

Albert

The last 3 items I purchased from Ebay arrived broken, all from sellers with 100% positive feedback.

Seller 3 (etched glass atari case)- Seller wants me to send them pics so they can file complaint with PO, fair so far but I am just sick of buying broken crap :x

Ouch. It wasn't this one, was it?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304152379621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230415237962&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yes sir, that is the one! I had a perfect spot in my basement for this little case, it was going to fit all my homebrew games but it arrived smashed in 1000 bits. :x:x:x

Hey, isn't that seller oldjd? :ponder:

He is a member here, he is the guy that sells the Atari system covers. I don't think it was entirely his fault, it was packed with bubble wrap etc.. but as stated in my first post...sick of buying broken crap! :x:D

I am going to avoid buying anything fragile from Ebay from now on.

I've used eBay for many years and buy maybe 1 item per month. Most of the experiences have been very good, a few outstanding, and a few terrible. I never bought DVDs though, and I was unaware of how widespread bootlegs copies were (for sale).

One thing for sure... after reading this I will never buy any DVDs on eBay of any type. I'll pay full price if I have to.

Sorry to hear of the bad experience Al. Make sure you nail the guy in feedback if you haven't already.

I thought my experience with a single UMD movie was bad... I'd have really let fly in several sellers' feedback over this. I'd have left comments about the bootleg sets and about the damaged Season 7 set.

My wife purchased one DVD from an ebay seller and she got what she ordered in decent shape.

The last 3 items I purchased from Ebay arrived broken, all from sellers with 100% positive feedback.

Seller 3 (etched glass atari case)- Seller wants me to send them pics so they can file complaint with PO, fair so far but I am just sick of buying broken crap :x

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304152379621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230415237962&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yes sir, that is the one! I had a perfect spot in my basement for this little case, it was going to fit all my homebrew games but it arrived smashed in 1000 bits. :x :x :x

Sorry to hear that. I had been watching it for most of December; the seller kept coming down on the price, and then he raised the price and put a BIN on it. I was only interested in the case and figured it might be cheap if one could resell the carts, but I was worried about it arriving smashed, so I never pulled the trigger on the auction.

ebays sucks in many ways but there is not a place better in the world to buy or sell stuff. That's the bottom line. For every 1 bad transaction i have on ebay, I have 100 good transactions, as a buyer or seller. even with outrageous fees im doing very well selling on there... and ive found so many good deals buying its not even funny. ebay does need some work but personally ebay is saving my ass right now. Im making my living selling on there, as my job outside of winter is working outdoors and im basically without a job every winter, which i turn to buying and selling video game stuff. i look for the great deals on big lots and turn around and sell everything individually on ebay. of course im against liars though and whenever someone asks me anything im always honest with them. Infact you know, as much shit as ebay sellers get, its actually the buyers that are assholes more often than the sellers.

Yes sir, that is the one! I had a perfect spot in my basement for this little case, it was going to fit all my homebrew games but it arrived smashed in 1000 bits. :x :x :x

Sorry to hear that. I had been watching it for most of December; the seller kept coming down on the price, and then he raised the price and put a BIN on it. I was only interested in the case and figured it might be cheap if one could resell the carts, but I was worried about it arriving smashed, so I never pulled the trigger on the auction.

lol :D Too bad you didn't or I wouldn't be stuck with this broken piece of crap! I was kind of thinking the same thing, to me the case was worth about $50 just for that retro look on the glass, figured if I could get $20 or $30 for the carts I would be happy, oh well, win some you loose some I guess. I am hoping the seller will work with me here since I don't feel that good about paying $75 plus shipping for 60 common Atari carts :x

BTW - Sorry Al for the topic hijack ;)

Wow, crazy thread. I too have had my share of the bad eBay and have mostly turned to GameGavel or cutting deals on here. I really do miss the old eBay, there was a time when it really was an amazing thing. Especially when compared to newsgroup auctions.

I bought one of those etched glass cases and wrote the seller about three times begging them to pack it well. I was worried they would skimp on it because I got it cheap but it was one of the best packing jobs I have ever see. I am so sorry that yours got broken, that really sucks. It is a cool cabinet. I guess it's really just a crap shoot when you get down to it, which really sucks. I bet they shipped it with the games in the case and the carts turned into little missiles aimed straight at the glass... stupid.

I've been having a run of non-paying bidders on eBay. One system I've now relisted for the THIRD time just because I want to get rid of it, and at least they refund your fees. I would prefer the option to leave those nonpaying sleazes some nice negative feedback, though.

Not sure I would ever buy DVDs or CDs used on eBay. Between piracy, scratching and wear, and just out and out fraud I just don't trust it. Heck, I download (legally!) most of my music and media anyway these days. Still, I would be pissed too if I were Al. One things I cannot stand is deceptive descriptions. If it has wear, just say so. Stupid idiot sellers.

lol :D Too bad you didn't or I wouldn't be stuck with this broken piece of crap! I was kind of thinking the same thing, to me the case was worth about $50 just for that retro look on the glass, figured if I could get $20 or $30 for the carts I would be happy, oh well, win some you loose some I guess. I am hoping the seller will work with me here since I don't feel that good about paying $75 plus shipping for 60 common Atari carts :x

BTW - Sorry Al for the topic hijack ;)

Sorry to hear about that Al. I'd be pretty pissed as well. I gave up on ePay some time ago when I noticed the quality of the packing from sellers going downhill. Plus got tired of receiving consoles billed as in "perfect working order" when there was almost always something wrong with them.

I bought some safety shoes off ebay from the uk in september last year. Decent price.

They arrive - no steel toe as described in the listing - so i can't wear them to work!

Ok file for a refund - seller agrees to the refund dispute. Ebay tells me to mail them and that i should expect a refund 7 - 30 days from this time on. As it was a BIN item and he is Business seller - he is obliged by ebay policy to give me a refund wether he has received the item or not.

I keep chasing the seller to refund... he tells me he will when he receives the package... i keep chasing him to tell me if he has received the package....no... no.... no... I try to open a dispute with ebay.... they tell me that one is already open and that they will request a refund from the seller... he blatently ignores that request.

So now at this stage... I have no item that i payed for, and the postage to send it here... and the $47 to send it back...

45 days elapse - the item drops off the dispute radar.... i contact ebay.... "oh you should have filed a claim with paypal".... i go to paypal.... "sorry 45 days have elapsed"!!!

I sent it registered mail... so i am insured... "sorry we have to locate the item and be sure that it is lost before we can process your claim"

So by this stage i have left brutal negative feedback with the seller... but i'm left with the dilemna that he may still receive the item... the post office says "oh the item has been delivered now - no claim" and the seller says well bugger you then - "no refund - happy new year!!!"

Edited by nofrills100
  • Like 1

I had to leave my first negative as a buyer after 10 years of ebaying. I order 12 Tandy coco games and they finally came, in a box not a bubbled envelope but the box was MacGyvered to make it as small and compact as possible, obviously to lessen shipping costs which I paid a pretty penny for. It was more packing tape then box at that point too it was so banged up. The carts were packed so tight I had a hard time getting them out of the box at first. Not only that, one cart was missing. No contact from the seller so I did the dispute and only put a claim in for $5 for the missing cart and partial shipping. Finally left a negative and as soon as I do that, wow don't you know it, the seller finally replies. Too little too late. I got the $5 and he got his first neg which took him from 100% to 95.8%

The problem was obvious, the carts were, as always, listed as "RARE!" and the carts arrived each with a little price sticker of $2.29. So he paid 12 x 2.29 just under $30 and the auction ended at $11.61. I've seen it before as have others that when a seller gets less money than they were hoping for they'll cut corners to try to get some of that money back.

I have hated Ebay for many years. It a hostile market place with the resellers not letting anything go low and sellers pulling the same crap. Plus %15 fees for games with BIN. Thats crazy. This is the reason I have been working on my game site customer by customer for so many years. I have a little over 1000 active customers and still growing. Ebay does make it easy to unload stuff with millions of buyers but for the most part the bottom line is whats on big sellers minds and they dont care about customer.

I have hated Ebay for many years. It a hostile market place with the resellers not letting anything go low and sellers pulling the same crap. Plus %15 fees for games with BIN. Thats crazy. This is the reason I have been working on my game site customer by customer for so many years. I have a little over 1000 active customers and still growing. Ebay does make it easy to unload stuff with millions of buyers but for the most part the bottom line is whats on big sellers minds and they dont care about customer.

I hear ya. Amazon charges 15% and gives you horrible credits on shipping. When it comes to brand new products I don't know how people make money selling on eBay and Amazon.

I hear ya. Amazon charges 15% and gives you horrible credits on shipping. When it comes to brand new products I don't know how people make money selling on eBay and Amazon.

I sell on Amazon and the 15% is tolerable. With ebay, I did not make money. This is probably due to their listing fees. I know I was paying more than 15% for each effective sale. On Amazon it is set and basically it replaces the cost I would have had to cover for CC fees, website hosting, and everything associated with keeping a website up. I get more eyes on my product with Amazon and they do some ad listing on search sites. I get a lot with Amazon. I feel 15% is well worth the price. I do some things that get that percentage down too.

I buy and sell all the time on Amazon also. Used things, you understand -- very hardly do I buy or sell anything new on there. But the shipping credits seem fair to me. I normaly ship either by Media or First Class cause the sellers normaly just want standard shipping and it's only a couple bucks.

Man... I shouldn't have said ANYTHING! :P In a huge twist of irony, after defending ebay, today, I received a 21 inch CRT computer monitor BEAT TO SHIT / A PULP that I paid $80 on ebay for. IT still works but the picture is messed up bad (colors etc) and the thing got beat up so bad in shipping that the back cover broke completely off and the metal casing is all dented, lots of cracks and huge scratches too. Thing looks like it was in an earthquake or a war. The guy shipped it in a box that was too big and all he did was throw a bunch of newspaper in the box, the monitor wasn't secure at all. What a dumbass. I was nice enough to offer to split the losses, I asked him for $60 back of the $86 or so I paid (shipping included (shipping was $50+ alone). Since this thing is such a pain in the ass to ship and I dont want to hassle with Paypal claims etc. We will see what happens.

Yeah one of the last items I got on Epay before I dropped out I won in an auction for a real cheap price and the seller was complaining about how they didn't expect it to go so cheap. :roll: Don't they like have a minimum expected bid option? I didn't feel sorry for the person at all, but really... When people try to "cut their losses" on stuff I don't feel sorry at all. It is, after all, an auction. If the site was handled like it was originally intended to be handled that wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

photos of my mangled monitor...

http://img683.imageshack.us/g/busted001.jpg/

Wow, you're a brave man for even powering that up. I wouldn't have bothered because even if it worked perfectly I'd still want my money back. And I would have asked for the entire amount. Do you have a link to the original auction? I'd like to see the pictures posted. I don't think you'd have any problems getting PayPal to side with you for a claim.

..Al