IGNORED

Desert Strike

patters98

I've only tried this one out on Handy, but I remember waiting endlessly for it to come out as a kid. It looks like a very good conversion and it's one of the only decent Lynx titles I don't own. I'm interested in picking it up but I can't seem to find it anywhere other than Telegames for a high price. Anyone know of a place that has it for less than £25 (€40/$40)?

• 4 weeks later...

Desert Strike is indeed an excellent game, pretty deep with its missions and the fact you got to take in alot of information to plan strategy. I like that you have to keep constant vigilance on your ammo, fuel and armor and have to use your radar to find these things to keep the missions going. Unfortunately, this game is a rarity and really can be found from Telegames or once in a blue moon on ebay. I got it from Telegames after I got tired of being outbid by these nuts who put in these $40+ bids.

I believe this game is the best one Telegames put out in a list of pretty impressive games. I know that they made QIX, Raiden, European Soccer Challenge, Chess and Double Dragon but I feel Desert Strike is the most entertaining of all of them. Double Dragon is pretty repetitive. I wish Raiden had more than four levels and some more variety with the weapons (more than lasers and bullets). Chess is chess. Qix is dead on recreation of the arcade game, but again it is repetitive. Soccer Chalenge is awesome but I have to give the nod to Desert Strike for its great graphics and gameplay.

• 2 months later...

yes,it is good.it can be a bit hard and boring too.it gets repetitive in the end,i think.the graphics are a little too small as well.some things you have

to strain to make out.if you have all the codes to the levels to start where

you want it is more fun too.only thing i can say is,check with b&c because

he gets loose carts and stuff in sometimes.you may find one.also,try this

guy at his email vidgame@earthlink.net he had one of these in the box,

now that think about it.i just thought of him for you.-chris