IGNORED

GTA Vice City

sdstuff64

one thing that annoys the hell out of me about popular PS2 games... video game websites just simply score them higher. every site on the web is kissing ass and awarding perfect scores without writing proper reviews. they'll say something like "you get to have a motorcycle, that is so cool!!!!!!!!!" then they give it a perfect score. Is it just me, or are reviews supposed to analyze games and mean something? :x

i didnt post that because i dislike the game, in fact, i'm going to buy it soon! :D

one thing that annoys the hell out of me about popular PS2 games... video game websites just simply score them higher. every site on the web is kissing ass and awarding perfect scores without writing proper reviews. they'll say something like "you get to have a motorcycle, that is so cool!!!!!!!!!" then they give it a perfect score. Is it just me, or are reviews supposed to analyze games and mean something? :x  

i didnt post that because i dislike the game, in fact, i'm going to buy it soon! :D

No,they gave it a good review cause it is a good game.A very good game.If fact it is already one of my fav games of all time.Now to go back to playing it... :x :D ;)

It's a great game, we just got it today. Did everyone catch the Atari 800 intro? It comes up with a blue screen with the Atari 800 font then it pretends to load the "Vice City" game on tape. It's a nice touch, totally appropriate for the time this is supposed to take place.

Chuck

It's a great game, we just got it today. Did everyone catch the Atari 800 intro? It comes up with a blue screen with the Atari 800 font then it pretends to load the "Vice City" game on tape. It's a nice touch, totally appropriate for the time this is supposed to take place.

Chuck

Yes,the intro for Rockstar North,man is that cool!It is the little things,like that,that make that game so much better! :D :) 8)

Did everyone catch the Atari 800 intro? It comes up with a blue screen with the Atari 800 font then it pretends to load the "Vice City" game on tape.

No, I didn't see that one...but I did see the intro on my copy that's unmistakably based on the Commodore 64. :)

No,they gave it a good review cause it is a good game.A very good game.If fact it is already one of my fav games of all time.Now to go back to playing it... :x  :D  ;)

websites kiss ass for 2 reasons: its a good game, and if they give a popular game a good score it will increase readers. alot of these sites just give the game a perfect score without reviewing anything, thats what i dont like.

No,they gave it a good review cause it is a good game.A very good game.If fact it is already one of my fav games of all time.Now to go back to playing it... :x  :D  ;)

websites kiss ass for 2 reasons: its a good game, and if they give a popular game a good score it will increase readers. alot of these sites just give the game a perfect score without reviewing anything, thats what i dont like.

Well great.They review stuff in a review.And not to many sites give out perfect scores like candy.Whatever... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did everyone catch the Atari 800 intro? It comes up with a blue screen with the Atari 800 font then it pretends to load the "Vice City" game on tape.

No, I didn't see that one...but I did see the intro on my copy that's unmistakably based on the Commodore 64. :)

Agent X,

You made me laugh, I needed that. :D

Commodore's weren't allowed in our house, I've never seen one plugged in.

-Chuck

here is a site with a few codes for you all

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/hints...2896199,00.html

hope you all enjoy :D

Or just the codes if you so choose

Enter the following codes while playing to enable various effects.

Get 100 health: R1, R2, L1, O, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Get 100 armor: R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Get basic weapons: R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Slow motion: Triangle, Up, Right, Down, Square, R2, R1

Flying cars: Right, R2, O, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1

By Staff, GameSpot [postED: 10/30/02]

Yup, count me in too...great game. The 80s music really adds a lot to it. And the voice cast too, I mean, Burt Reynolds, baby!  8)

You can actually buy the entire soundtrack to the game, which I think is five CDs and costs $50. Here's a link to it on EBGames.com. I may have to pick this up. I haven't bought Vice City yet, but I saw it at a friend's house and it looks pretty damn cool. I also have to finish the previous game. And the Commodore 64 intro is very amusing. :)

..Al

Yup, count me in too...great game. The 80s music really adds a lot to it. And the voice cast too, I mean, Burt Reynolds, baby!  8)

You can actually buy the entire soundtrack to the game, which I think is five CDs and costs $50. Here's a link to it on EBGames.com. I may have to pick this up. I haven't bought Vice City yet, but I saw it at a friend's house and it looks pretty damn cool. I also have to finish the previous game. And the Commodore 64 intro is very amusing. :)

..Al

I saw the box set at the store,and it has all 7 cds.Man is that cool.Only if I had some cash I would get it. :D :sad: :roll:

The one where you chase down the pizza delivery guy nearly drove me nuts.  Everytime you corner him, he zips away again!  Finally I just ran him down, got out and started capping him.  It works. :D

MegaManFan,

That's exactly what I did! :) After about the fourth try I managed to pick up a fast enough car to catch him with and ran him down.

-Chuck

I saw the box set at the store,and it has all 7 cds.Man is that cool.Only if I had some cash I would get it. :D  :sad:  :roll:

Wow, seven CDs, even better! It's amazing how much they crammed into Vice City. I heard it has eight hours of music on the radio stations, and seven CDs would be about right. I must resist the temptation to pick up the game, because I have too many others to finish first. Maybe by the time I'm ready to play it Sony will have added it to their "Greatest Hits" collection, although I think the original (PS2) version is still going for $50. Sigh.

..Al

MegaManFan,

That's exactly what I did!  :)  After about the fourth try I managed to pick up a fast enough car to catch him with and ran him down.

-Chuck

The mall shootout is equally frustrating. Not only do you get ambushed by a ton of shitheads, AND get the cops after you when you kill them, but you get ANOTHER runner on a scooter to chase after. This time I ran him down with a sports car knockoff by one of the bridges and when he started to get up I just pummeled him to death with my fists and took the microchip. That one took me four tries or so too, and the worst part is I finally suceeded AFTER my wife gave up watching me play so I didn't get to crow my victory except to myself. :(

I saw the box set at the store,and it has all 7 cds.Man is that cool.Only if I had some cash I would get it. :D  :sad:  :roll:

Wow, seven CDs, even better! It's amazing how much they crammed into Vice City. I heard it has eight hours of music on the radio stations, and seven CDs would be about right. I must resist the temptation to pick up the game, because I have too many others to finish first. Maybe by the time I'm ready to play it Sony will have added it to their "Greatest Hits" collection, although I think the original (PS2) version is still going for $50. Sigh.

..Al

Yea,the cd set is too cool!Also you get some sort of code thing too.

The game is great,and so is III.Now that Vice City came out,I bet you can find III used for a good price Al,keep looking and I hope you get some free time,I could use some too! :sad: :D :)