IGNORED

Lynx cart storage wallet

patters98

I think I saw this once while reading some site or other...

I now have 30 games and am waiting for another 5 to arrive. I have a kit case, but I'd like some kind of wallet to keep the carts in where they'll all have the label visible - a sort of equivalent to the excellent Caselogic CD wallets.

Anyone know of anything suitable?

http://songbird-productions.com has lynx wallets for 9.95 which holds 9 carts (18 if you double them up, 3x = 27). I know it's not quite 35 but w/ your case it gets you pretty close. I did check and you can fit 3 games per pouch but it gets a little tight when you close it. I currently have 96 games, 5 lynxes which I store in 2 of the large lynx cases (I have 2 more that I haven't opened yet), a lynx pouch, and the lynx wallet. Whats nice about the wallet is it fits perfectly inside the large lynx case so you don't have something extra to haul around and it's very well made. It's about the size of a model 2 lynx and can rest right below or above the lynx giving a little extra padding. I haven't seen anything larger but if you do find something please let us know so I can get one also.

The Lynx wallets sold by Songbird are the best way to go. They are customer made for Lynx carts, made out of cordova nylon, the pockets are clear see-through plastic so you can see the cart labels, and they velcro shut. You can fit 9 games easily, or 18 games doubled-up. I normally double up the original flat Lynx carts but keep newer games that use PCB boards by themselves.

These wallets are really fantastic. I have 15 of them to hold my Lynx collection.

They only downside I've come across is that they attract pet hair if you have a pet :)

Tom

Got them and am pretty happy with them. Well designed. The only prob is the stitching isn't so accurate for the pockets on one of them and the middle column of pockets is really big while you can only just squeeze the carts into the edge pockets. The other one is fine though. Maybe it was an unlucky one. I'd thoroughly recommend them though.

• 3 months later...

15 of them? How many Lynx carts do you own. There's only 90 actual carts possible (including demos).

I agree with patters98, I've got 9 of them and they're ALL unbalanced in regard to the pocket-width stitching.

The nice thing is that 9 of them laid flat out (with carts) fit perfectly inside a Lynx kit case.

-Gregg

these are nice! i've had these for years.i got mine off of joey sherman

that had realm.he was still in business in louisville a couple years ago when i last had dealings with him by mail and email.his site was at:

www.realm.com

i don't remember is email now.i'll have to look it up to tell you.he was on

genie the last i knew.i'll check.the url was still active for orders and such.

this may have changed now.-chris

15 of them? How many Lynx carts do you own. There's only 90 actual carts possible (including demos).  

I own 224 Lynx carts, only 101 of which are unique. I own 2 to 4 carts of every comlynx game. All complete of course 8)

Tom

224!!! That is HARDCORE!

101 unique?

Does someone have a list of all non-Atari released carts?

How about Lode Runner, is that available on PCB ROM?

How about where to get them if anyone is selling them?

Thanks!

Gregg

most of the unreleased games that exist are just alphas.some i've been

offered were just like slide images on an eprom.others are lucky enough

to be beta stage and partially or fully playable games.avp and daemons-

gate were not this lucky.road riot 4wd is a little buggy but rather fully or

near fully playable-it has comlynx and other bugs in it.relief pitcher is a

very fun sports sim on the lynx-the one drawback is it has some bugs.in

comlynx mode it may be great.i've not tried that yet on it.loopz is a bit buggy too-supposedly a two player comlynx-have not tried it yet this way.

hyperdrome(the proto version) works great as a four player comlynx.avp

can be comlyned too-just at the very beginning to pick your players-then

it freezes up when you try to start your game together(not much fun when

this happens).centipede may be a comlynx title-no info on this for sure yet

to know.this info is coming.supposedly a copy(two?) of strider 2 by tiertex

does/do exist.vindicators was halted and supposedly destroyed.heavyweig

-ht contender was supposedly not finished or really started.full court press

by alpine studios/ed ringler(lynx hockey) was not finished or even really

started.some others too.eproms of these could still turn up.or these could

make it to eprom cards from all the "atari salvage" that was sold(hard dri-

es,eproms and other unmarked chips from the atari warehouses) could

still yield a treasure trove in the future.centipede and daemonsgate came

about this way last year and this year.who knows?most stuff was stillborn

though,i'm told anyway.we'll see what the future brings folks!-chris

Nah - I'm not really interested in that stuff. Mine are just ordinary retail games. Basically my brother and I both had Lynxes in about 1990 and we got a few games here and there. Years later we used to find them in tiny shops on holiday etc. and I started finding a few in second hand shops. Then in 1995 when I went to uni and got online for the first time I found some shop in the States that was clearing all Lynx games for $6.66 each regardless of title and the 6th one was free. I bought loads then, and last year when I picked up my Jag I discovered eBay and bought the last of the games I considered to be good. I also bought a few bits and pieces from Telegames.

I'm going to leave my collection as it is now - the only game I want but don't have is Desert Strike but 25GBP + handling + shipping is an eye-watering amount to spend on a Lynx game. I also have a Dreamcast that I got recently, a GameCube and a PS2, and a GBA. The Lynx doesn't really get used, but I wanted to get my collection together before the prices skyrocket into the stratosphere.

Oh and I don't bother with keeping all the boxes and that kind of thing either. That's going a bit too far for my liking.