IGNORED

TI-99/4A Found

Primordial Ooze

I found a TI-99/4A system near my house being sold. It comes with the system, a box of some type which looks like it hooks into the machine and something else, and a huge manual. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that i can stick a disk into it to run anything so i'm guessing its incomplete. Can someone please shed some light on this matter?

Sincerely,

Cell Wall Rebound

Certainly. You probably have a PEB without a disk drive.... If what you have IS a PEB (peripheral expansion box) then you will be able to remove the top of the box by depressing two latches on the back side just under the lid..... That will release the top and you can remove it. Do that, and report back on what you see in there.... To see what my PEB looks like, go to YouTube and type in "Opry99er.". I have a video posted of a "Disk Drive Modification." In this video, I remove the top of my PEB and describe what the cards are. Let us know of your progress, and congrats on the find!!

By the way, you do not need a disk drive for it to be a "complete" system... The PEB was a luxury item when it came out... There are many methods of storing and accessing data on the TI. My YouTube channel has many tutorial videos for the TI, and you might find some of it useful. I might have an extra disk drive lying around, if you cannot find one to go in your PEB. Anyway, let us know what you get figured out... If you need something, just ask... We are a

small community, but a very friendly one. :).

• Like 1

Yes, cassettes.... But also the CF7+ sidecar virtual disk system. Much more effective and easier to use than cassettes... Plus the CF7+ is just an amazing piece of hardware.... In many ways it is superior to the PEB... It has a 32k RAM expansion built in and is a

self contained development environment. 40 bucks on eBay from a guy named Jaime Mailong. Great piece of gear....

Yes, cassettes.... But also the CF7+ sidecar virtual disk system. Much more effective and easier to use than cassettes... Plus the CF7+ is just an amazing piece of hardware.... In many ways it is superior to the PEB... It has a 32k RAM expansion built in and is a

self contained development environment. 40 bucks on eBay from a guy named Jaime Mailong. Great piece of gear....

I can't seem to find the listing or member on ebay. Could you please link to it?

Sincerely,

Cell Wall Rebound

Apparently he doesn't have one listed right now... Tell you what, if you are interested, post to the Yahoo TI99 user group... They know much more than I do... Last week, two were on eBay... A couple months ago there were 5 or 6 in one week. He sells them as he builds them, I think. Anyway, type "TI-99 CF7" into Google and you can read all about it. :)

Ok i'll look into it, but right now i haven't bought it yet and its at the bottom of my todo list. Its been at the shop for 4 years now and it doesn't look like its going anywhere soon. :) I hope to buy it eventually and see what i can do with it. Right now my parorities are on the Atari 2600 as it seems that that system is more popular this the TI-99/4A and therefore has more interest in homebrew for it, no offence!

Sincerely,

Dino Dash Derby

Well, whatever your fancy... I'd like to know where this store is that has a TI. :). They might have some good hardware or cartridges. :)

Nah, they only have the system and thats it. If i told you where it was, you would probably snatch TI-99/4A from under my nose before i can afford to pay for it! ;)

Sincerely,

Dino Dash Derby

I have more TI's than I know what to do with. :). I don't need that one. Besides, you can do a ton of TIing right on your PC using Classic99... That's where I do my development. I then transfer the code to my TI via a serial X modem transfer right from my PC.... It's free to develop games on the TI. :)