IGNORED

How Does a Buyer Have to Pay?

VectorGamer

I wish everyone could be like me and pay within 24 hours of winning an auction and shipping an item within 24 hours of receiving payment...but, that's just a pipe dream...

But, what does eBay say as the max amount of time a buyer has to pay for an auction?

It's been close to 7 calendar days since the auction ended. I received this response when I inquired as to when I was going to be paid:

"Hey, I hope sometime this week. That will be the quicks I can get the money to you. I hope that will be alright. I just started to school. Please let me know if that is ok."

My response:

"I don't understand. It takes less time to get on

Paypal to pay for the item than it takes to bid on

the item itself. It only takes me a few minutes to

pay for items. Most schools have Internet access."

I always gave about 4-5 days, and then I contacted them (unless the buyer contacted me first to state when they could pay).

If I were you, I would contact the buyer again and state, "Sorry, but unless you submit payment by the end of the day Saturday, I will file a Non-Paying Bidder complaint with eBay."

When I bid on something and win, I try to pay within minutes of winning, unless I'm sleeping when the auction ends, but then I always pay right away. I don't get people who bid on something, or even use buy it now, but then can't or don't pay for a week or more. If you can't pay within 24-48 hours of winning, in my opinion don't bid unless you made arrangements with the seller first.

What I'd like to know is how long should a person wait to say something about an item being sent? I won an action 7 days ago, I paid right away then sent the seller a message saying that I won and paid just for good communication on my part and asked them to send me the tracking information once it shipped. 2 days goes by, I get a reply from the seller saying that my item will be sent the following day and they will follow up with the tracking information.

Well here we are 5 days after the seller was going to send me tracking information and nothing from the seller. I've tried contacting the seller and so far no response.

When I bid on something and win, I try to pay within minutes of winning, unless I'm sleeping when the auction ends, but then I always pay right away. I don't get people who bid on something, or even use buy it now, but then can't or don't pay for a week or more. If you can't pay within 24-48 hours of winning, in my opinion don't bid unless you made arrangements with the seller first.

Unless you use a sniping service and can't possibly be around when the auction ends. ;) I totally agree.

P.S. Cart will ship March 10th. :D

As a buyer, I pay within 24 hours of winning the auction. On the seller side, I ship next business day after receiving payment.

I finally received payment yesterday for my auction. I don't get it and I don't want to. It's dumb.

Now, what do I leave for feedback?

In a case like that, I'd be honest....probaly say "Good communication, was slow in paying but kept me informed as to situation."

You would be amazed at how many people on have this problem too. I have been an off and on full time eBay seller for a good 11 years now (only worked for the man a total of about 3.5 of those years too) I average about $1,500.00 in auction sales a month and I would say atleast $350.00 of those sales take between 7-14 days to get payments for them. Try budgeting for bills when you don't know when you are getting your money, lol.

And since they took away a sellers ability to leave negative feedback for buyers, I have to wait forever before reselling the item because of all the children who get grumpy about only waiting 9 days for a 5.00 payment before you resold the damn thing!