IGNORED

Whos reached Slime World secret exit? TOP SECRET!

Arek

"Arcade: The greatest challenge of Slime World, in this mode the map is almost as dangerous as Action, but the checkpoint arrows don't work. While the map is shorter than some of the other modes, it's still fairly substantial, and the player must start over from the beginning every time a life is lost. In the Lynx version of the game, there is a second, secret exit from the map that, if found, gives the player an address to write to at Epyx Games for a special reward."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd's_Adventures_in_Slime_World

Anyone got that address, better yet the reword from Epyx? thanks

"Arcade: The greatest challenge of Slime World, in this mode the map is almost as dangerous as Action, but the checkpoint arrows don't work. While the map is shorter than some of the other modes, it's still fairly substantial, and the player must start over from the beginning every time a life is lost. In the Lynx version of the game, there is a second, secret exit from the map that, if found, gives the player an address to write to at Epyx Games for a special reward."

Amazing that no one of all those hardcore and geeks lynx players has heard or done this 2nd secret exit. Many people love slime world yet none have explored it completely. amazing!

Amazing that no one of all those hardcore and geeks lynx players has heard or done this 2nd secret exit. Many people love slime world yet none have explored it completely. amazing!

You don't REALLY believe everything listed/posted on Wikipedia, do you?

You don't REALLY believe everything listed/posted on Wikipedia, do you?

I though wikipedio was credible source of true information. Now you have put doubt in my mind. I dont know how to handle it.... eeer

It's been a very long time since I played Slime World, but it was my favorite Lynx game for several years while I was growing up. If I recall correctly, there are actually six exits to the Arcade area. Each time you reach an exit, there's a shootable wall somewhere nearby that leads the way to the next exit. I don't recall whether there was a special message at the sixth exit, but there very well could have been.

It's been a very long time since I played Slime World, but it was my favorite Lynx game for several years while I was growing up. If I recall correctly, there are actually six exits to the Arcade area. Each time you reach an exit, there's a shootable wall somewhere nearby that leads the way to the next exit. I don't recall whether there was a special message at the sixth exit, but there very well could have been.

I want the prise! I want it so much! I want to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that Epyx is loooooong dead and gone (i.e. bankrupt), if there is/was such a thing, your best bet is eBay.

Considering that Epyx is loooooong dead and gone (i.e. bankrupt), if there is/was such a thing, your best bet is eBay.

if I want that prise what whould be best bet to search for on ebay? I mean what name? thanks.

Who dares to make the map... that be epic!!

if I want that prise what whould be best bet to search for on ebay? I mean what name? thanks.

Who dares to make the map... that be epic!!

Its just takes too much time, its better to make a speedrun, does anyone know any good software to capture this using my atari emulator?

UPDATE: I just email Peter Engelbrite, in the hope he can give us some clarification about this adventure in the form of a map.

Edited by Mrjey

Well, I searched far and wide and I can tell you the big secret now. I found my old walkthrough from the early days of the internet, and it's sparked my memory. There are indeed six exits to the Arcade area. The last one takes you to a screen that gives you the code for the zit popping contest. And so I googled for the code, because I've long since forgotten it as well.

You need to go to the "summary" part from the screen where you choose your area. Scroll through to the 8th page (the one where Todd is pictured dark green, as if he was just slimed). Hit Option 1, and you'll be taken to the hidden Zit Popping Contest.

Somebody was probably talking about the contest at some point, and things got lost in the translation so that somehow, somebody thought there was a mail-in contest. I'm sure the Zit Popping thing is what they were referring to.

Edited by PFG 9000

Well, I searched far and wide and I can tell you the big secret now. I found my old walkthrough from the early days of the internet, and it's sparked my memory. There are indeed six exits to the Arcade area.

/Share! :)

yes please share it. I want to see. I want to believe. thanks blesses arek

there is this guide here:

http://www.albersdoerfer.de/lynx/slime.htm

"Zit Popping Contest

A 'Zit Popping' game can be played by going to the summary screens and

then going to the screen where Todd is pictured green. Press Option 1 and

you'll see a zit. Blow it up by hitting the buttons as fast as you can.

This also works in multi-player mode where it becomes a competition against

your opponent."

For the love of God i cant find this "summary screens and

then going to the screen where Todd is pictured green" bit. wehre is it? thanks blesses

Edited by Arek

Do the following:

At the title screen where the words Slime World are dripping in slime press button B:

SlimeCheat1of7.jpg

Now press down on the D pad twice to see the Summary Option Screen:

SlimeCheat2of7.jpg

Once there press button B to see the words SLime World writen in white:

SlimeCheat3of7.jpg

This is the actual summary screen.

Now press up on the D pad 7 times to reach Todd shaded a dark green colour:

SlimeCheat4of7.jpg

Once there Press Option 1 to take you to the zit:

SlimeCheat5of7.jpg

Press buttons A and B to enlarge the zit:

SlimeCheat6of7.jpg

Do this until it pops:

SlimeCheat7of7.jpg

Repeat pressing buttons A and B to increase your score. I'm not sure at what score it max's out?

Edited by im_reg

Uhm, i've been there allready.

sorry for the comfusion, but I like a map from the whole adventure!

Thnaks for the info on the zit. I'd love whole map also with all the perks and secret passages. Has that ever been done before? thanks

The one making a super detailed map of this would be so much epic.

Thnaks for the info on the zit. I'd love whole map also with all the perks and secret passages. Has that ever been done before? thanks

that be epic for sure. Also are all the different modes of slime world have different maps too? 6 modes six different maps? anyone know that? with all the secrets changing between them? thansk

that be epic for sure. Also are all the different modes of slime world have different maps too? 6 modes six different maps? anyone know that? with all the secrets changing between them? thansk

I asked the master and got an answer:

Hi Jey,

Thank you for being a fan after all this time - I really appreciate it. As far as the level map is concerned, I've just looked through my oldest archive looking for anything on Slime World, and I really have nothing. The original work was done using Apple ]['s and Amigas so it didn't tend to make it over to the PC world. I think a lot of it was lost in the Bay Bridge earthquake - Epyx was in shambles and their documentation room was totally bounced around - everything was on the floor. I did manage to save some of the orginal stuff, but when the remains of Epyx was bought by Bridgestone Media Group, it all went into inactive storage and I think it was eventually thrown away - sigh. I can tell you this: once to get to the end of level 6 and are standing below the exit, shoot to the right and it will open up another huge (and very hard) room. Get to the end of that room and shoot at that wall. This goes on for several large and very very hard rooms. By the way, I can't say much, but I 'm currently working on a project that involves maggots ;-)

Peter Engelbrite

I asked the master and got an answer:

Hi Jey,

Thank you for being a fan after all this time - I really appreciate it. As far as the level map is concerned, I've just looked through my oldest archive looking for anything on Slime World, and I really have nothing. The original work was done using Apple ]['s and Amigas so it didn't tend to make it over to the PC world. I think a lot of it was lost in the Bay Bridge earthquake - Epyx was in shambles and their documentation room was totally bounced around - everything was on the floor. I did manage to save some of the orginal stuff, but when the remains of Epyx was bought by Bridgestone Media Group, it all went into inactive storage and I think it was eventually thrown away - sigh. I can tell you this: once to get to the end of level 6 and are standing below the exit, shoot to the right and it will open up another huge (and very hard) room. Get to the end of that room and shoot at that wall. This goes on for several large and very very hard rooms. By the way, I can't say much, but I 'm currently working on a project that involves maggots ;-)

Peter Engelbrite

wow thanks for getting this anwsers. looks like the maps have more to it than I know. So deep. this game just gets bigger and bigger. amazing. i'd like to get together with few other players and explore it together fully while having lots of fun. what you think guys?

wow thanks for getting this anwsers. looks like the maps have more to it than I know. So deep. this game just gets bigger and bigger. amazing. i'd like to get together with few other players and explore it together fully while having lots of fun. what you think guys?

Great, but before we begin, we need a plan of attack.

My stratagie:

- Collect allot of supergems, try not to kill any supergems, and shoot enemies only in case of emergency (out of shield).

That should make us faster to make screenshots.

- Make high and complete detailed screenshots of every room (emulator).

- In this progress try to walk every piece of floor to detect a snapper.

- And note where you got Snapped!

I can spend at least 3 hours a week for this, maybe more if it is getting bigger.

I'm fulltime PC tech seller and freetime webdesigner/programmer (stuying).

I would call this Project::Slime exploration impossible.

Anyone perticipating in our mission could sign in here and this would benefit the community!

We could do this with a team with other levels/games if this would be a succes and therefor also get an unique new gaming experience together in the progress.

Update:

The ingredients to make this project easier.

- Emulator (Handy?)

- 4x Screen setting for optimal detail

- ROM: Tod's Adventure in Slime World.

- Photoshop / Gimp / Something to past your screenshots in and cut it down to a suitable size***

*** ~ we need to find a good size for a room, I think of: 650px X 415px

Also a good soundtrack so we van make this project awesome so we can get more recruits.

I thought of: Surviver - Eye of the tiger. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI6r6APUwK0)

Lets make it possible guys.

Maybe we get some credit from the master if we hand over the map :D

Update2:

I've just informed about this on another computer/retro forum about this in the hope to get more people to join this project.

Edited by Mrjey

Well gang, I'd like to help with the mapping project, as I've done some things like that in the past for the Castlevania series, but I barely have time just to play a game or two each week. But these tips might help: in the Arcade area, most (maybe even all) of the hidden snapper guys have slime dripping into them from the ceiling above. If there's a slime drip, don't step on the floor below it! Also, there's an invincibility cheat if you don't know about it already. At the title screen, hold Option 2, keep holding it and hold Option 1, keep holding them and push the D-pad to the upper-right corner, then release everything. There's no confirmation, but Todd will be invincible once you load up an area or a password.

I've got a bunch of passwords too, some of them even for the Arcade area. I'll post them when I find that FAQ again.

Well gang, I'd like to help with the mapping project, as I've done some things like that in the past for the Castlevania series, but I barely have time just to play a game or two each week. But these tips might help: in the Arcade area, most (maybe even all) of the hidden snapper guys have slime dripping into them from the ceiling above. If there's a slime drip, don't step on the floor below it! Also, there's an invincibility cheat if you don't know about it already. At the title screen, hold Option 2, keep holding it and hold Option 1, keep holding them and push the D-pad to the upper-right corner, then release everything. There's no confirmation, but Todd will be invincible once you load up an area or a password.

I've got a bunch of passwords too, some of them even for the Arcade area. I'll post them when I find that FAQ again.

Invincibility:

Hold Option 2 + Option 1 (in order), and press Up/Right at the title screen after the Slime World

logo falls. Release all buttons and begin game play. Note: The game may crash in multi-player

mode when this code is enabled.

Great, it works.

Im going to map the whole game now :D

Wow. its a really short level!

Edited by Mrjey