IGNORED

7800 High Score Cart

King_Salamon

Are they worth it? I like the idea of having a cart that stores high scores... but from reading previous threads, is it worth well over $100 for one? I'm thinking a notepad and pen would be just as good... may not be as cool but it works.

How many games worth of high scores does it hold anyway?

Perhaps I will keep an eye out for one should the opportunity arise.

Are they worth it? I like the idea of having a cart that stores high scores... but from reading previous threads, is it worth well over $100 for one? I'm thinking a notepad and pen would be just as good... may not be as cool but it works.

I'm sure it's a cool product and all, but $100?!? Get yourself a nice retro beer or Coca-Cola chalkboard... that's what we use for the top games! lol Notepad and paper hanging from a clipboard for the run offs after that. :)

$150 for one of the original ones is about right. $75 to $125 for one of the second or third edition ones. And Curt also said he will be selling a few more sooner or later as a 25th Anniversary deal at the original price, which IIRC is $60ish. Although with Curt;s health being up and down as well as his numerous other obligations they are not likely to be for sale any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find time to put out 25 special edition HSC's soon, I've got two very large product orders to take care of and once off my plate, I'd like to spend some time getting the HSC's done.

Curt

$150 for one of the original ones is about right. $75 to $125 for one of the second or third edition ones. And Curt also said he will be selling a few more sooner or later as a 25th Anniversary deal at the original price, which IIRC is $60ish. Although with Curt;s health being up and down as well as his numerous other obligations they are not likely to be for sale any time soon.

I'm trying to find time to put out 25 special edition HSC's soon, I've got two very large product orders to take care of and once off my plate, I'd like to spend some time getting the HSC's done.

Curt

Well Curt, no need to hurry but whenever you do get around to another run of these High Score carts... please put me on a list for one. I'd like to be able to have my scores kept... very cool idea, even if paper and pen can do the same... this is something that would have blown me away back in the day... it always bugged me when I would play Atari or even NES games and get a high score, only to lose it once the system was turned off.

All in all, thanks Curt for your contributions to the Atari scene! Much appreciated! :)

Maybe I should look at getting the HSC ROM working in PAL and NTSC.

Yes please :)

I'm now using the Cuttle Cart II on a PAL system. When I run a HSC PAL game with HSC enabled, then the screen is garbled when displaying the hi-scores part.

So a PAL HSC rom would be appreciated so I can play the HSC PAL games as intended.

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

I sure would like to get on that list for a 7800 High Score cart from Curt too! :)

Get yourself a nice retro beer or Coca-Cola chalkboard... that's what we use for the top games! lol Notepad and paper hanging from a clipboard for the run offs after that. :)

That sounds like a cool idea to have for a game room, it works and anybody playing will know what the high scores are. :)

GCC never made a PAL version of the code :-(

Maybe I should look at getting the HSC ROM working in PAL and NTSC.

Yes please :)

I'm now using the Cuttle Cart II on a PAL system. When I run a HSC PAL game with HSC enabled, then the screen is garbled when displaying the hi-scores part.

So a PAL HSC rom would be appreciated so I can play the HSC PAL games as intended.

Robert

Well Curt, no need to hurry but whenever you do get around to another run of these High Score carts... please put me on a list for one. I'd like to be able to have my scores kept... very cool idea, even if paper and pen can do the same... this is something that would have blown me away back in the day... it always bugged me when I would play Atari or even NES games and get a high score, only to lose it once the system was turned off.

All in all, thanks Curt for your contributions to the Atari scene! Much appreciated! :)

I could've used one in circa late 1986 when I was on a roll on Galaga. I could not lose. I must've subconsciously figured out the flight patterns of the enemies because I was beyond level 30 and since I had to go somewhere with my parents, I turned off the system. I never did better than that with that game.

I will let everyone know when they are ready, I need to get some combats or other super common carts so I can get the shells needed for these and I need to have the new labels and manuals made.

When the first batch is ready and to make things fair, all of them are going up onto my new auction/marketplace site:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/auctions

This way its first come, first serve - I'll set the bidding amount to no more then 1 per person and I post up 24hrs before so every has a chance to buy one.

Curt

I will let everyone know when they are ready, I need to get some combats or other super common carts so I can get the shells needed for these and I need to have the new labels and manuals made.

When the first batch is ready and to make things fair, all of them are going up onto my new auction/marketplace site:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/auctions

This way its first come, first serve - I'll set the bidding amount to no more then 1 per person and I post up 24hrs before so every has a chance to buy one.

Curt

Awsome, I have some carts I could donate to this cause.