IGNORED

european joypad controller

kourt

I'm sure others have their own opinions, but on a scale of one to ten, I would rate the CX-78 joypad a six. The buttons are mushy and are in an awkward position for the right thumb, and the directional pad isn't very comfortable and tends to stick on the diagonals. Also, for reasons I've explained elsewhere, gamepads are not as well-suited as joysticks for the kinds of games that were done on the 2600 and 7800, even though they have been the preferred type of controller from the NES forward.

If you use the search function (hint hint), you'll find many threads which discuss the various 7800 controllers; here is one of them.

I'm sure others have their own opinions, but on a scale of one to ten, I would rate the CX-78 joypad a six. The buttons are mushy and are in an awkward position for the right thumb, and the directional pad isn't very comfortable and tends to stick on the diagonals. Also, for reasons I've explained elsewhere, gamepads are not as well-suited as joysticks for the kinds of games that were done on the 2600 and 7800, even though they have been the preferred type of controller from the NES forward.

If you use the search function (hint hint), you'll find many threads which discuss the various 7800 controllers; here is one of them.

Hello, thanks for the info means a lot take care.

I agree, not a bad joystick, but not a great one. My main complaint is the positioning of the fire buttons (the second one needs to be higher). And yes, it is not a good match for many games.

However, with that said, I do love it for Mario Bros and Scrapyard Dog.

Thanks, I'm not gonna buy it then take care.

I think the Euro joypad is a good controller and is certainly better than the Pain-Line, but my main beef with it is that the fire buttons are too far apart to be comfortable. I have a couple of modded NES controllers (one from Doubledown and another from the.golden.ax) and they're so good that I don't play 7800 games without them.