IGNORED

Odd question...

2600Lives

Is there either a website that has a list, or a way of finding out what the game updates do? For example, I started up Bioshock again after about 7 months of not playing it, and it had an update available. I'd like to know what these updates actually DO, and if there's a site that lists said patches.

Thanks in advance.

I was always told that updates in PC gaming platforms were to keep the game up to date with Microsoft's security updates. I know I have had a few games that after updating windows did not play until I installed the patch. I cannot speak for the 360 platform since I do not own one. However knowing it is a MS product that uses the internet and presumably has updates as well as an OS of some sort I would suspect that the same applies.

Here is a PC example I have run across: There were some games and screen savers available from MS called XP Plus! MS discontinued support for the Plus! software and mine quit working after service pack 3 for the XP OS. Now for some odd reason it works with windows 7 pro 64 bit. Go figure, thanks Microsoft!

Again just an assumption.

If you had played it before, I would have assumed you would have already updated it (since the game will not load if you don't update it.

I don't know what the "official" excuse is, but the real reason for the "updates" is to look for mods and such. I've only had a couple that did anything noticeable at all (and those updates all suck ass)

Hmmm, never thought of looking for mods and crap. That's a likely solution.

I had updated it up till about 7 months ago, but I stopped it to play some more Fallout, then started it up again last night. It had a small update, and was just curious if it added or changed anything.