IGNORED

Overwhelmed by Live

Atarifever

I set up my Live account tonight and I am totally overwhelmed. Me and my wife just spent an hour going through the Zune marketplace and watching previews. I have no idea where to start here and am in overload. What are some cool things I should do? How do I add people as friends? What games should I download. What previews should I get?

This is much cooler than I thought it was. I could spend everyday using this thing without ever buying another game.

Don't limit yourself to just trying demo's of commercial and Arcade titles but also take a look at the Indie games. There are some excellent and incredibly reasonable priced games to be had in there.

Plus, if you have a Gold membership, check out "1 vs. 100". My wife and I both discovered and started playing it around the 1st of December and we are addicted to this sucker. While not the best players by any stretch of the imagination, both of us have been lucky enough to be included in the "mob" during "1 vs. 100 Live" sessions and the wife won 6,000 (I think) MS Points and a free download of Lode Runner. I didn't win anything as the "1" decided to take the money rather than the mob.... sniff sniff.

Mendon

Don't limit yourself to just trying demo's of commercial and Arcade titles but also take a look at the Indie games. There are some excellent and incredibly reasonable priced games to be had in there.

Plus, if you have a Gold membership, check out "1 vs. 100". My wife and I both discovered and started playing it around the 1st of December and we are addicted to this sucker. While not the best players by any stretch of the imagination, both of us have been lucky enough to be included in the "mob" during "1 vs. 100 Live" sessions and the wife won 6,000 (I think) MS Points and a free download of Lode Runner. I didn't win anything as the "1" decided to take the money rather than the mob.... sniff sniff.

Mendon

Wait, that's free? I thought I had to pay some points or something. Wow, when my Mother comes down to visit her Grandchild, I may sell her on a 360 (she LOVES that gameshow in real life, and playing it "for real" would almost certainly get an Xbox in her and Dad's living room). Also, I think I already made the 360 my wife's favorite TV attachment with the high def movie and TV rental thing on the Zune marketplace, but this may ensure my gold membership privledges are never revoked due to "budget considerations."

1st add me and Moycon as friends

Done. If you get a notification that RuralBullet has added you, that would be me. That was one of the system suggested names because Atarifever was gone. I quite liked it so I agreed to it.

Edited by Atarifever

1st add me and Moycon as friends

Done. If you get a notification that RuralBullet has added you, that would be me. That was one of the system suggested names because Atarifever was gone. I quite liked it so I agreed to it.

WOAH :o COOL!! the system did that? Man, everytime I go somwehre and it says "Video is already taken" I just find and kill the sunofa....I mean, it says "Try Video11" or some shit like that. That's pretty cool that it actually came up with something cool :P