IGNORED

FB2+ game lineup, my guess...

Going by what's left of the Atari catalog minus licensed and third party games requiring a joystick in alphabetical order!

Atari Video Cube

Basketball

Bowling

Championship Soccer

Dark Chambers

Double Dunk

Flag Capture

Football

Golf

Home Run

Math Gran Prix

Midnight Magic

Miniature Golf

MotoRodeo

Radar Lock

Realsports Baseball

Realsports Boxing

Realsports Football

Realsports Soccer

Realsports Tennis

Realsports Volleyball

Slot Machine

Slot Racers

Star Ship

Super Baseball

Super Football

Surround

Swordquest: Earthworld

Swordquest: Fireworld

Swordquest: Waterworld

Video Pinball

32 games, still leaves more than enough room for new, unreleased, rarities, hacks, paddle along with Activision titles!

IF AKA NDA, right Curt?

:cool:

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

I would like to see like 4 homebrew games for every older game. If they pick the more popular Atari titles so ordinary people take notice and then stuff in a crapload of homebrews they could have a winner.

Other than that, the list at the top of this topic made my eyes water. Other than Midnight Magic, those are some "meh" titles!

Honestly, I don't think that Atari is highly concerned with pleasing the "collector/homebrew" market since its a fairly small market to please. I'm sure that they will include a few homebrews, but I wouldn't imagine that they would be close to having a majority of the titles. Non-collectors/homebrew fans aren't interested in playing games that they have no memories of. Nostalgia sells, and there very little (if any) nostalgia in a homebrew.

I'm not trying to be harsh or sound like I'm against the homebrew movement, you just have to figure that Atari is looking to have a decent seller on there hands and they will likely put on familiar titles that will be more appealing to the consumers.

That's why I'm saying put the familiar titles on there but slip in a bunch of homebrews to supplement it. I'm more interested in getting newer titles out to the "real" world than appeasing us AA'ers (since most of us have played and are aware of the homebrew goodness). I just want to let the rest of the world know what they're missing out on. :P

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who hasn't played Atari since the 80s. If I were walking down the toy aisle and I saw this product with games I knew and loved on it then turned the package over and saw all of these other great looking titles that never existed before 2001 I would be like "Where did these come from? Holy crap that looks cool!" and would most likely buy it. This is in contrast to the alternative: seeing a product that has games that I've already played on the FB2 or (worse) seeing the list at the top of this topic.

Renewing interest *and* memories should be what a flashback is about.

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who hasn't played Atari since the 80s. If I were walking down the toy aisle and I saw this product with games I knew and loved on it then turned the package over and saw all of these other great looking titles that never existed before 2001 I would be like "Where did these come from? Holy crap that looks cool!" and would most likely buy it. This is in contrast to the alternative: seeing a product that has games that I've already played on the FB2 or (worse) seeing the list at the top of this topic.

Renewing interest *and* memories should be what a flashback is about.

Believe it or not, certain sport titles and some others from the list are among what popular culture remembers.

Intellivision didn't have any trouble selling their 10 unit with "poor sports games".

I have absolutely no interest to buy another Atari ROM chip system that includes games I already got on previous Flashbacks like what Jakk's Pacific does for its Namco TV Games line.

3D Tic-Tac-Toe (Flashback 2)

Adventure (Flashback 1 & 2)

Air-Sea Battle (Flashback)

Asteroids (Flashback 2)

Battlezone (Flashback 1 & 2)

Breakout (Flashback 1)

Canyon Bomber (Flashback)

Centipede (Flashback 2)

Combat (Flashback 2)

Crystal Castles (Flashback)

Dodge 'Em (Flashback 2)

Gravitar (Flashback)

Hangman (Flashback 2)

Haunted House (Flashback 1 & 2)

Human Cannonball (Flashback 2)

Maze Craze (Flashback 2)

Millipede (Flashback 1 & 2)

Missile Command (Flashback 2)

Off the Wall (Flashback 2)

Outlaw (Flashback 2)

Quadrun (Flashback 2)

Radar Lock (Flashback 2, listed in my original message by mistake)

Sky Diver (Flashback)

Saboteur (Flashback 1 & 2)

Secret Quest (Flashback 2)

Solaris (Flashback)

Space War (Flashback 2)

Sprintmaster (Flashback)

Warlords (Flashback 1 & 2)

Yars' Revenge (Flashback 1 & 2)

Well, Super baseball and Super Football are just the same as there RealSports counterparts, so two of those games above can be crossed off the list.

I'd think that a flood of sports titles would hurt more than help the new Flashback. Maybe throw a couple on to pad the amount of games for the buck, but having 14 or so sports titles on there would be in poor taste unless there are a ton of every other genre to go along with it.

How about these:

Atlantis (Imagic)

Berzerk (Atari)

Demon Attack (Imagic)

Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco)

Enduro (Activision)

Fire Fighter (Imagic)

Frogger (Parker Bros.)

Frostbite (Activision)

H.E.R.O. (Activision)

Jr. Pac Man (Atari)

Lock N Chase (M Network)

Moon Patrol (Atari)

Mouse Trap (Coleco)

Ms. Pac Man (Atari)

Pitfall II (Activision)

Robot Tank (Activision)

Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back(Parker Bros.)

Super Breakout (Atari)

Vanguard (Atari)

Zaxxon (Coleco)

Now that would be a killer lineup...

How about these:

Atlantis (Imagic)

Berzerk (Atari)

Demon Attack (Imagic)

Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco)

Enduro (Activision)

Fire Fighter (Imagic)

Frogger (Parker Bros.)

Frostbite (Activision)

H.E.R.O. (Activision)

Jr. Pac Man (Atari)

Lock N Chase (M Network)

Moon Patrol (Atari)

Mouse Trap (Coleco)

Ms. Pac Man (Atari)

Pitfall II (Activision)

Robot Tank (Activision)

Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back(Parker Bros.)

Super Breakout (Atari)

Vanguard (Atari)

Zaxxon (Coleco)

Now that would be a killer lineup...

Yeah, that'd be great except many of those are licenses not owned by Atari, so it's a no go.

Well, Super baseball and Super Football are just the same as there RealSports counterparts, so two of those games above can be crossed off the list.

While you are correct regarding Super Baseball, you're dead wrong about Super Football, it has 3-D graphics and an important transitional game for its time, Realsports Football is only 2D, thus inferior!

Rick

While you are correct regarding Super Baseball, you're dead wrong about Super Football, it has 3-D graphics and an important transitional game for its time, Realsports Football is only 2D, thus inferior!

Rick

My apologies, you are correct.

I for one would rather not have any homebrew stuff and have all original 2600/7800 games.

And I think that a majority of society feels the same way, as unfortunate as that may be. I can't see where Atari would have a ton of interest in doing this also, because it benifits them none. I think that if a potential buyer was to see them on the back of the box, instead of "Wow!", hey'd be more like "I don't remember these games at all" or "I've never even heard of these games", and would sadly assume the worst.

The Atari 2600 games are tiny, and you could easily fit all of them on the most disregarded of thumbdrive sizes(128 megs, etc), so why not put 'em all on? Put all of what Atari has made, regardless of opinion of them, and then add on the homebrews.

If we can have pirate Famicom systems cranked out from China that have 100+ games on them, I don't see why not for the 2600, with legit ones.

All of those would require licensing except for Super Breakout. Not a realistic list at all.

Q: Since Atari originally secured console rights for Ms. Pac Man, Jr. Pac man, Vanguard and the like back in the 80s, would not Infogrames still own those rights for any new flashback consoles, even this many years later? Did these licensing agreements have a time limit stipulation included?