IGNORED

Found in the wallet pile: Sears picture Superman

zeitshabba

Before going through all the leftovers from eBay resales, I had all the wallet-quality games that were set aside but not processed sorted to offer to collectors in these forums. ("Wallet-quality" simply means nearly-perfect labels, sitting in a box for between 4-32 months.) From where he said this game was found, I would place it around 22-24 months ago, around when I brought him on board. It took a few months of doing the resales all by himself before he naturally started to identify rare & unique games, but he wouldn't have known to look for this one in the beginning. Every time I worked with him I repeated which hidden gems required a little extra attention just in case of a miracle: Atlantis II, monogrammed Spacechase & Sears picture Superman. Several thousand games later, or this past Sunday night, all those repeated warnings paid off.

Last night I visited to inspect the find and continue the search, as I knew there was far more to be found than just the games he photographed. Unfortunately, the best treasures I found last night were Frogger II & a Supercharger, but at least boxes of controllers, games & systems now await testing in an organized & orderly fashion.

Without further adieu, I am delighted to present you the Sears picture label Superman:

4291311907_69ff9a0e11.jpg

Last summer I found a blue Sears Superman manual that I tossed into one of the manual piles, thinking nothing of it... I should have known better. My next trip back to the shop will include attacking the manual pile in search of the companion manual.

Everything I am arranging & testing will be available to AA members soon, and if I am able to sell this cart I will give away most everything else to those who need it most.

Yes, this game is for sale and serious parties should PM me.

Everyone else, it's your turn.

• Like 1

Just my 2-cents but this would make a great featured GameGavel or Auction listing with front page post on AtariAge. Give everyone a shot at this super rare game, I'm sure you will get more than you can on private offers.

AX

I actually just pondered the same thing aloud in an offer message...

Does this make number 3 or 4? I've lost track.

This would be the third known in existence.

1 x Crunchysuperman

1 x Winner on Ebay a couple of years ago

1 x Atarimania

1 x Zeitshabba

;)

What if the winner on eBay was zeitshabba?

*Insert "The Count" voice*

3 Ah ha ha! :)

1 x Crunchysuperman

1 x Atarimania

1 x Zeitshabba

;)

What if the winner on eBay was zeitshabba?

*Insert "The Count" voice*

3 Ah ha ha! :)

It wasn't

I learned about the rarity of this label variation a month or two ago, and was plagued by the feeling that it looked very familiar, as if I'd recently seen it in a Play-N-Trade or something similar. Alas, when I went to my local stores, it was nowhere to be found, so either I made it up or... :_(

Anyway, congratulations on the find!

1 x Crunchysuperman

1 x Atarimania

1 x Zeitshabba

;)

Woh, how do you keep up with that? Thats amazing.

Dino has a memory like an elephant,he never forgets anything,we just accept it now. :D

Wow, amazing that you found one.

Did you know this cart has a magic power? It lets you see how much money is in people's bank accounts. :D

Edit: zeitshabba, I hope you have your guy setting out some of the other rarer label variations, like pic Flag Capture (especially the green-text one), Fun With Numbers, and Black Jack. I'd hate to see them accidentally walletized!

Edited by pinball22

Just my 2-cents but this would make a great featured GameGavel or Auction listing with front page post on AtariAge. Give everyone a shot at this super rare game, I'm sure you will get more than you can on private offers.

AX

Private sale on this cart is gonna be your best bet, not an auction. Anyone after this cart will know you have one for sale and pay you what it's worth. Auctioning it is just un-needed drama for yourself.

AX

Private sale on this cart is gonna be your best bet, not an auction. Anyone after this cart will know you have one for sale and pay you what it's worth. Auctioning it is just un-needed drama for yourself.

Awe come on Shawn. I'd pay $9.50 to see this auction in a theater before going to the next big blockbuster movie. Break out the popcorn!

AX

I have 7.50 and a tuna melt from Subway. What do you say?

: Conditions of tuna melt upon arrival may vary. Price offered is totally bogus and should not be taken seriously. "Tuna Melt" is a registered trademark of Lucas Film. All terms and conditions apply. :

Wow, amazing that you found one.

Did you know this cart has a magic power? It lets you see how much money is in people's bank accounts. :D

Edit: zeitshabba, I hope you have your guy setting out some of the other rarer label variations, like pic Flag Capture (especially the green-text one), Fun With Numbers, and Black Jack. I'd hate to see them accidentally walletized!

I make no guarantees. Initially I had planned to do a few incredibly rare game wallets, but my gamer buddy talked me out of it. This was about three or four years ago, and I eventually sold the Asterix, Obelix, Waterworld, Crazy Climber and one of the Cube games (Atari Video or Rubiks) I had in the project boxes. From reviewing the chips of all the games that were processed, I know there is a Road Runner waiting to be milled and I already have completed Pigs in Space and Taz wallets. I can't check what is at the shop (in Pennsylvania) but there is a possibility one of the ones you mentioned may be in the mix.

I do have an empty loaner cart that I might make into my own personal wallet at some point.