IGNORED

Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Albert

Gah. Stop it :) I must not buy another console for one game. I MUST not....

Well if you got the first Mass Effect as well, then technically it would be for two games. Don't forget you can import you character from Mass Effect into Mass Effect 2 and depending how you played the first game will determine certain factors of your play through on the second. As far as I know Mass Effect was always planned as a trilogy, so really it would be for 3 games! ;)

That's fair enough then :)

Who am I kidding? I've already started thinking about my Commander Shepard. Going to break tradition and go with a female as Jennifer Hale does the voice work for that, and she's excellent.

Edited by liveinabin

That's fair enough then :)

Who am I kidding? I've already started thinking about my Commander Shepard. Going to break tradition and go with a female as Jennifer Hale does the voice work for that, and she's excellent.

Her voice acting in the first game was about the best I've ever heard in any game.

Mine was delivered a little bit ago too. I'm disappointed with the steel case artwork, it's not the N7 logo you see all over the place.

Really? What does it look like? I almost bought the collector's edition but had already purchased the normal version and Amazon either sold out of it or was never selling it.

..Al

Got my copy today. Now I have to fight the nearly irresistible urge to let it near my 360. I need to finish Dragon Age Origins, and I know what's going to happen if Mass Effect 2 doesn't stay on the shelf... :D

I started Dragon Age Origamis, but didn't get too far. Mass Effect 2 gets bumped right to the top, since I only recently played Mass Effect and I don't want to accidentally read any spoilers about the game. I will be firing up my 360 shortly. Just need to get the bathroom bucket ready and make sure I have plenty of food and snacks within arm's reach.

..Al

Got my copy today. Now I have to fight the nearly irresistible urge to let it near my 360. I need to finish Dragon Age Origins, and I know what's going to happen if Mass Effect 2 doesn't stay on the shelf... :D

I already finished Dragon Age so can I borrow your copy of Mass Effect 2?

Snagged the Collectors Edition just now from Wal Mart.

They had about 50 regular copies and 3 CE copies. :cool:

One thing I never did in the original game was play through on the hardest difficulty level.

I started to, but only got about 15 minutes in the game (I had just played through it twice back to back.)

Now I'm wondering if when you import you character if you have beat the hardest setting and obtained the highest level cap if you get more perks when you import?

EDIT : After a needlessly difficult procedure to get all the free DLC I had coming to me. (Some of which I can only play on 1 of my 360s because of the f*cked up way they tie DLC to a console) I have to say just from playing around with the game for around 15 minutes and it kicks so much ASS!!! There hasn't been much activity in this thread which surprises me. Are people just not digging the game enough to want to discuss it or are they too involved to break away!??

I do know my level 55 character started off as a level 3 in Mass Effect 2 so I'm thinking someone who beat it on Insanity and maxed out the level cap probably imports a level 5.

Snagged the Collectors Edition just now from Wal Mart.

They had about 50 regular copies and 3 CE copies. :cool:

One thing I never did in the original game was play through on the hardest difficulty level.

I started to, but only got about 15 minutes in the game (I had just played through it twice back to back.)

Now I'm wondering if when you import you character if you have beat the hardest setting and obtained the highest level cap if you get more perks when you import?

EDIT : After a needlessly difficult procedure to get all the free DLC I had coming to me. (Some of which I can only play on 1 of my 360s because of the f*cked up way they tie DLC to a console) I have to say just from playing around with the game for around 15 minutes and it kicks so much ASS!!! There hasn't been much activity in this thread which surprises me. Are people just not digging the game enough to want to discuss it or are they too involved to break away!??

I do know my level 55 character started off as a level 3 in Mass Effect 2 so I'm thinking someone who beat it on Insanity and maxed out the level cap probably imports a level 5.

In all honesty I think any character imported from the first game starts at level three, at least that's what I started with and I was maxxed out on the first game.

And yes I have been totally involved in the game since Starscream picked it up for me on Wednesday. And I took today off to go to the dentist so I have been playing it pretty much all day.

All I can say is I am in love!!!!

Although I am totally pissed off at my Mass Effect boyfriend and the bullshit attitude he gave me :x

How I am supposed to save the galaxy again if I am dealing with relationship troubles? Sheesh. :roll:

In all honesty I think any character imported from the first game starts at level three, at least that's what I started with and I was maxxed out on the first game.

Hmmm it sounds like Al started as a lvl 2 so I'm assuming if you replayed the game and continued and went beyond the 50 level cap you start as a lvl 3??

Jeeze, you'd think they would throw you a bone finishing the game on Insanity!!

Still...This game is Mass Effect x 2 in my book.

And remo when you say driving the buggy around, do you mean the Mako? Man I can honestly say I had a blast driving that thing around. The turreted 155mm mass accelerator cannon sounded so kick ass in 5.0 surround sound as you blew the shit out of hostile forces, how could you not enjoy it? *buddabuddabuddabudda*