IGNORED

WOW Just WOW

pangasinan

This is unbelievable.. i recently bought a 8gb usb flash drive of ebay,it arrived today,as soon as i stuck it in my pc my A/V went beserk,the A/V immediately quarintined 2 files below.It looks like the seller is trying to install viruses to access buyers computers..Now i have seen everything !!!

H:\Autorun.inf Win32/AutoRun.KS worm,Cleaning occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe.

H:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013\isew32.exe a variant of Win32/AutoRun.KS worm,cleaned by deleting.

There was nothing else on the drive it was sold to me as new..it came in original packaging.But the packaging was not sealed,so it would have been easy to do this.

But the question is why ?,why would they do this,it doesnt make sense at all.

Surely the seller wouldnt be that cruel and stupid..luckily i have a good antivirus..

Now the memory stick doesnt work either.It just freezes my pc.

I have sent the seller a message asking him to explain why there was viruses on the stick..below is the link to the auction.

virus drive: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2205395036181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220539503618&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's possible that the USB stick came from the factory that way. It happens. Even software DVDs/CDs have come from the factory infected with viruses.

It's also possible that a previous user was infected with a virus. Many viruses will automatically copy themselves to any removable media that is attached to the computer.

Most likely the seller used it or at least plugged it into their computer (only takes once). They probably have the virus on their computer. I doubt it was malicious.

You reckon ?,he has told me to return the drive to him(at my cost).He mentioned nothing about the viruses.

If i sold something and was told it had a virus and i was innocent,im as sure as hell that i would be denying it to the hilt.