IGNORED

whats wrong with the atari-forums php uk site?

i keep getting a server error when trying to access the other atari-forums site , any body else?

and

is it too many users , i don't think so , there are only about 40 of us there ...

waz up?

charles

Hmm... "only about 40 of us there"

Really? I'd say your estimate is grossly inaccurate.

• Like 1

day 6 now ,,, this is crazy long time for server failure...i can wait .

on a daily basis i suspect there are about 40 of us ,, i doubt every single member tried to dign in at the same time.

so who here knows much about midi ?

charles

So now you have rephrased it. I don't keep daily activity logs for that forum, so I don't know.

Probably no one knows anything about midi, because now you have done like you do on the other forum and forked the thread into something entirely off topic.

• Like 1

The downtime has come at a bad time for me as I need help getting my new Falcon working, but hey....I am really grateful that someone has even created such a wonderful forum like the Atari-Forum. I think it is one of the very best I have been a member of and the help and advice I have received has been fantastic. There are so many kind, intelligent and friendly people on there!

The downtime has come at a bad time for me as I need help getting my new Falcon working, but hey....I am really grateful that someone has even created such a wonderful forum like the Atari-Forum. I think it is one of the very best I have been a member of and the help and advice I have received has been fantastic. There are so many kind, intelligent and friendly people on there!

this forum is equally impressive but the content is not half as interesting as the other forum ...

i find there are more knowledgable persons at atari forum

i'd be able to help you if i had aq falcon , i do not , i only use

stf

ste

mega st4

ok have fun see u at a-f ! in while i hope.

charles

Let's be real : Techie Alison is away for months, Mug UK is incapable to do anything complexer, lot of people left forum, scene. There is a people which could maintain one PHPbb forum, and quickly fix errors. But obviously neither forum admins, neither experts are really interested.

This is not first similar case btw. Instead moaning go to ski :)

Well, credible people being turned away from AF in the last years certainly had a number of causes :>

heh, which ever way you read that it makes a lot of sense :)

In the end, it would be the best to reboot AF completely, install a less hackprone forum software and start the thing over.

aww, af without the downtime would be like curry without lager. Think you might be on to something though.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. I've just logged in. What's happening? Mike, can you give me a ring or email?

PeSTs!! Those of you who were waiting, they're ready to go. I just need your addresses.

EPROMs are next on my list.

Aly

ps. also, can someone post the backup Atari Forum link please? I can't remember what it is. It's the one that we all end up going to when this happens.

Edited by techie_alison