IGNORED

Now on eBay: Sears picture Superman & boxed promo 2600

zeitshabba

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dino...when did the $400 one auction....I don't remember that one....I do remember the higher amount one that Crunchy won, I was the second bidder.

BTW, on this ended auction, I also get a manual out of it....not bad... ;)

Now, I just need the monogrammed Space Chase, Birthday Mania and the PGP-1 and I am good to go.... :)

Hey Dino...when did the $400 one auction....I don't remember that one....I do remember the higher amount one that Crunchy won, I was the second bidder.

Now, I just need the monogrammed Space Chase, Birthday Mania and the PGP-1 and I am good to go.... :)

Good luck with those aquisitions :lust: Great score on the Superman. Too rich for my blood; I did put in a decent bid though. :)

Edited by Frostbite Bailey

You were definately aware of it at the time. We discussed that one privately during the auction ;) My memory is pretty bad, so i cant remember the exact amount or when it sold for, but it was a good 3-4 years ago now. I kinda remember taht the seller was pretty arrogant, and it may have been a factor in you not bidding...

You were definately aware of it at the time. We discussed that one privately during the auction ;) My memory is pretty bad, so i cant remember the exact amount or when it sold for, but it was a good 3-4 years ago now. I kinda remember taht the seller was pretty arrogant, and it may have been a factor in you not bidding...

I remember that one and the seller was VERY arrogant. Kept me from bidding with a couple questions I asked and the reply I got :(

I was the second bidder.

I was the third highest bidder at the time :D

If that's all you need now, that's amazing, especially considering the relatively short collecting career. Do you have all boxes yet? if not, what % are you missing roughtly?

Wow, it seems the market is all over the place. I really don't know what to make of it. One minute 2 Music Machines boxed go for over $5,000, and Air Raid goes for $2,800, and the next minute you have this go for a low price, and Malagai Boxed go for a low amount, and the Imagic previewer going for a low amount as well. I really wish the Atari 2600 market was more consistent. Most hobbies are pretty consistent, this one seems to be all over the place.

Wow, it seems the market is all over the place. I really don't know what to make of it. One minute 2 Music Machines boxed go for over $5,000, and Air Raid goes for $2,800, and the next minute you have this go for a low price, and Malagai Boxed go for a low amount, and the Imagic previewer going for a low amount as well. I really wish the Atari 2600 market was more consistent. Most hobbies are pretty consistent, this one seems to be all over the place.

Other hobbies have a larger collector base, which makes them more stable.

Wonder007 strikes again. Went cheap too.

Its a BIRD !

Its a Plane !!

NO ITS WONDERMAN !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: He probably has that proto and no one knows about it :-D

Unfortunately I do not have a Superman proto...one of the few Atari protos I do not own. I do have all of the other "Super" protos (ie. super breakout, super baseball, etc...) ;)

The boxed Malagai was a surprise, I did think that would go for more but the Sears Superman and Imagic Kiosk are not everyones cup of tea. I think many collectors would pass on those two items unless they got a really good deal.

• Like 2

The boxed Malagai was a surprise, I did think that would go for more but the Sears Superman and Imagic Kiosk are not everyones cup of tea. I think many collectors would pass on those two items unless they got a really good deal.

From this and other sales, it appears that a Sears Superman is as valuable as a Xante game, both of which are worth double the value of a prototype. If I could make sense of it all, perhaps it wouldn't be so frustrating. Thankfully I'm almost done with all things Atari - after five-plus years of hyper-Atari saturation, all love of Atari I once had has been burnt.