IGNORED

Looking for some hack and slash games

bdog_147

If you're looking for something Gauntlet/Diablo/RPGish, then definitely get Sacred 2. It's an excellent game.

I'd also recommend Warriors Orochi 2 or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. (Or you might wait until Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce comes out)

All these games are grindy as hell. Sacred 2 is about exploring and having a giant sandbox while killing and killing and killing and killing and killing... The Warriors games are just about killing stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

You get the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Conan on the xbox is good. I played it on the ps3 and thought it was disappointing. Maybe it was one of the first wave of games. Also Viking from Sega soft is good and has some great ideas in it. I did not like Sega's Golden Axe. The megadrive ones were awesome but this one seemed like a damp squib.

There is also Kingdom Under fire Circle of Doom but its not very good. If you see it cheap and you know someone else who has one you could play co op for a while on it. It really wants to be Bauders gate but just cant quite seem to get there.

Also there is a fair amount of hack and slash in Dragon Age Origins. Though it is far more of a RPG. As Moycon suggested Two worlds is a good slash rpg. I rather liked the voice acting "that what you get" says the main character when he dispatches foes. The frame rate and the graphics are below par but its a good game and you should be able to get it cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hack N' Slash is a button mashing 3rd person genre where you control the character in real time. It is not turn based, and it is not a game style where you program the characters' behaviors like KOTR, Jade Empire, or DAO.

For me, BG:DA is the prototype of the genre. It is very derivative of Gauntlet. I love these games, and given that the responses are all over the map, I'm not sure which responses to believe. Sacred 2 is definitely of similar ilk, although I always wished for more camera flexibility, like BG:DA had. Sacred 2 is a great game if you like this style of gameplay, and it was developed by an AA member.

Are Darksiders and Two Worlds really like BG:DA? I loved Champions of Norrath as well. I'm not as into the first person stuff like Oblivion, although the reason I put down Oblivion wasn't perspective. I picked the wrong character class and it's waay too hard.

Edited by ianoid

Hack N' Slash is a button mashing 3rd person genre where you control the character in real time. It is not turn based, and it is not a game style where you program the characters' behaviors like KOTR, Jade Empire, or DAO.

For me, BG:DA is the prototype of the genre. It is very derivative of Gauntlet. I love these games, and given that the responses are all over the map, I'm not sure which responses to believe. Sacred 2 is definitely of similar ilk, although I always wished for more camera flexibility, like BG:DA had. Sacred 2 is a great game if you like this style of gameplay, and it was developed by an AA member.

Are Darksiders and Two Worlds really like BG:DA? I loved Champions of Norrath as well. I'm not as into the first person stuff like Oblivion, although the reason I put down Oblivion wasn't perspective. I picked the wrong character class and it's waay too hard.

I think hack n slash came to the fore with the megadrive classic golden axe. As such Conan and Viking fall into this category. I felt that Darksiders was more of an action adventure and reminded me of the legacy of kain but more exciting.

Two worlds is oblivion. Scared and KUF COD are BG DA. Or at least they want to be. Really I was hoping the Dragon Age was going to be BG so I was somewhat disappointed with the product on that score.