IGNORED

My First Youtube Video

I just did my first Youtube video for Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball. I was real nervous. I have a hard time doing public speaking and doing videos are not easy for me either.

It's not the best quality video, just recorded with a digital camera.

There aren't enough videos on Youtube for Intellivision games. A lot of games like this one don't even have gameplay videos.

But anyway, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8D78D5F8667F6BF8

• Like 1

I haven't played the 2 player version (NBA Basketball) in 20+ years. I do have it but nobody to play it with. I remember it being pretty much the same game just none of the extra options of Slam Dunk. And on NBA basketball you shoot with the enter key and the clear key instead of the fire buttons, which is a bit awkward. No 3 point line, etc.

Ya i just recorded the TV screen with my Digital Camera. I don't have any kind of video capture devices. I guess it's better than nothing.

I haven't played the 2 player version (NBA Basketball) in 20+ years. I do have it but nobody to play it with. I remember it being pretty much the same game just none of the extra options of Slam Dunk. And on NBA basketball you shoot with the enter key and the clear key instead of the fire buttons, which is a bit awkward. No 3 point line, etc.

Ya i just recorded the TV screen with my Digital Camera. I don't have any kind of video capture devices. I guess it's better than nothing.

i dont have anything to capture vids either.yours looks fine though.

Here is my quick review of Slam Dunk on the Intellivision Lives collection for the PS2. I bought the "Lives collection" a couple months ago before i repurchased a real Intellivision (which i haven't owned since i was a kid). I bought it but sort of put it aside real fast. I sort of felt like i was cheating and needed to get the real thing so i played it only a handful of times. Plus using the overlay system sucks bad so i avoided playing any games that needed it. But today i played Slam Dunk with my Roomates kid. I won't let him play my actual Intellivision, he's kind of rough and i don't trust him with those fragile controllers.

Slam Dunk is actually playable on the PS2. You can pass with the right Analog Stick which is real tricky but could be mastered over time. My main gripe besides the passing is just too many button combinations to memorize.

Square is Jump Shot

X is Set Shot

L2 in the Enter Key

R2 is the Clear Key

Circle substitutes players during a time out

To pass you have to choose a direction with R3 and press R1

If you can memorize all that then this game is very much playable. I also noticed some sounds sounded different. They may have tweaked it a little. They also messed with the colors a little bit but for the worse. The made the players sprites a lighter color and it's harder to see the guy your controlling.

Overall i'd give it a C+ if you have the real Intellivision version. But if this is all you had i'd give an A.

Edited by rgw825

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...