IGNORED

KazKompo 2009

Do we like playing Atari 8-bit games? What the stupid question on Atari 8-bit forum, sure we do! Moreover, we can also pick up the best game and it can be guideline for coders what we like, what we need... We organize voting on AtariOnline.pl for the best game in particular year since 2006. This is 4th edition, for games PUBLISHED in 2009:

1. Colorful Tetris

2. CoreWars

3. Deflektor II

4. Electro Maniac!

5. Galaxian

6. Ghastly Night

7. G.I.L.P.

8. Go Go Garbage Truck

9. Gorilla Warfare

10. H3x0r

11. Indiana Jones 4 Indiana Jones a Zlata Soska Keltu

12. Isora

13. Kolony 2106

14. Loops DX

15. Mini Rect Winder

16. Mr. Robot And His Robot Factory And Many New Levels

17. Nightshade

18. Nutty Professor, The

19. Order It!

20. Pac-Txt

21. Panga Ponga

22. Puzzle Mania

23. Robbo After 20 years

24. Robbo Forever

25. Space Arena

26. Space Binvaders

27. Square

28. Sssnake It!

29. Stary Dum

30. Tempest Xtreem

31. TextTris

32. Vietnamska mise

33. Viper

34. Yar's Strike

Please vote for 10 titles, remember that the order is important because games will get points for place (first on your list - 10 points, second game - 9 points, ... nineth game - 2 points, tenth - 1 point). If you need more details about games look at AtariOnline.pl. However, remember to make yourself familiar with gameplay, don't vote for screenshots!

You can vote here, on Atari Age forum or AtariOnline.pl. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Important: authors and publishers can vote for their own games. We trust they will vote honestly, not overuse this privilege to advertise their games :D

Edited by Kaz atarionline.pl
  • Like 1

Hi Kaz, here's my votes. I'll only vote for the games that I've played.

10. Isora

09. Kolony 2106

08. Nightshade

07. Loops DX

06. Tempest Xtreem

05. Sssnake It!

04. H3x0r (for 1K this is amazing!)

03. Space Binvaders

It's a shame that I do not understand Polish. If I did, I may well be voting for some of the other games.

Well, this is my list:

10. Tempest Xtreem (awesome production! should be a classic)

9. Nightshade (Usually I didn't take much for portings, but this one is extraordinary)

8. Loops DX (Very adictive game, cool graphics and interfase)

7. Ghastly Night (I love GnG)

6. Electro Maniac (I enjoyed a lot this game! it remember me one of my favorite game: Bounty Bob Strikes back)

5. Gilp (Very original)

4. Yars Revenge (A great 2600 classic)

3. Isora (Great logic game, if at least have more colors)

2. The Nutty Proffesor (simple, but adictive game, and my favorite C64 music on intro)

1. Space Arena (ok, i din't play this, but looks very fun)

P.D. Sorry guys from Kolony, it seems it's a great game, but I can't play this game. I'm sure other users give the votes that deserve.

Edited by Allas

Hello Allas,

I guess you listed the points for the games didn`t you ?!? But afaik KAZ wanted you to write down the places for each game (where 1st place = 10 points, 2nd place = 9 points, etc.) - so if KAZ interprets the things his way, this would mean that Tempext Xtreem = 10th place and thus 1 point, which is surely not what you want... ?!?

-Andreas Koch.

Well, this is my list:

9. Nightshade (Usually I didn't take much for portings, but this one is extraordinary)

6. Electro Maniac (I enjoyed a lot this game! it remember me one of my favorite game: Bounty Bob Strikes back)

5. Gilp (Very original)

2. The Nutty Proffesor (simple, but adictive game, and my favorite C64 music on intro)

P.D. Sorry guys from Kolony, it seems it's a great game, but I can't play this game. I'm sure other users give the votes that deserve.

There is no way to get confused, there are points. 10 points for Tempest

Hello Allas,

I guess you listed the points for the games didn`t you ?!? But afaik KAZ wanted you to write down the places for each game (where 1st place = 10 points, 2nd place = 9 points, etc.) - so if KAZ interprets the things his way, this would mean that Tempext Xtreem = 10th place and thus 1 point, which is surely not what you want... ?!?

-Andreas Koch.

Well, this is my list:

5. Gilp (Very original)

"Ghastly night" was published earlier, unfortunately... Look at old sondermagazin-es. Probably in the end of 1994 of early 1995 - I found this game on ones of sondermagazin disk, which I get from Pirx. Unfortunatelly - sondermagazin are commercial ads for Abbuc Magazine, so - I cant make copy, but - if any Abbuc Club user red this and can search for it? Label on disk, which I have, is defected and I can't read number of this magazine.

Edited by Sikor

Well, this is my list:

5. Gilp (Very original)

Andreas Koch is right My Friend. =) Your First Choice gets 10 Points and Your second choice gets 9 Points and so on. BTW thanks for the Vote and comment on our game. =)

I played nearly all the games apart from those that are non-english text based. Unfortunately Kolony wont run on a 1050 drive so I didn't buy this. I didn't vote for Tempest as couldn't get the demo to run but am sure it'll get loads of votes elsewhere. [Couldn't get CoreWars to run either). I didn't vote for Robbo or Mr Robot as they are additional screens on an existing game; did I really design that first screen so hard :ponder: sorry ;) makes up for the original being so easy :!:

My Votes:

1st (10pts) Colourful Tetris (CTetris4e) - Great Tetris version with progressive difficulty and thoughtful scoring, not to mention M.C.Hammer!

2nd Electro Maniac - could just do with Bobby slowing down a little maybe and the moving jumps would be better if he stuck on them as in Bounty Bob.

3rd Galaxian (apple II port) - I know this is a port but it's such a good game, hard but has the one more go factor and I kinda like the retro style and noise!

4th Loops DX - slick production, challenging but satisfying.

5th Space Arena - hats of to Fandal for supporting 4 simultaneous player games, there's only a dozen or so but they're great fun when you have people over.

6th Yar's Strike - nice game once you get the hang of it.

7th Nighshade - one of the few 3d games where the movement isn't too slow, I need to work our what to do apart from killing things but looks good.

8th Gorilla Warfare - ok I voted for my own game but I spent so much time on it and it's kinda sadistic fun trying to beat the 4 levels against the timer once you master the controls!

9th Isora - Nice work.

10th The Nutty Professor "Dodge IT" - This is a unique fun little game.

Keep up the good work everyone :thumbsup: and thanks to Kaz for being so dedicated to our atari :thumbsup:

I'd like to see more good 'arcade' games with progressive difficulty that are still fun to play years later. Less emphasis on graphics and music and more on gameplay. I really don't like games that have no sound effects no mater how good the tune ;)

Here are My Votes by Place. (I Didn't know we could vote too Because we're in the list.)

1st: Tempest Xtreem (Of Course)

2nd: Isora (Very Fun Puzzle Game)

3rd: Space Arena (Nice Work Fandal)

4th: NightShade (Pretty Cool)

5th: Puzzle Mania (I love these kind of puzzles)

6th: Yar's Strike (I was a Fan of Yar's Revenge)

7th: Deflektor II (Cool Concept)

8th: Space Binvaders (nice one Raster. Simple, yet cool.)

9th: Galaxian: apple port (Quite a difference from the Original Atari version)

10th: Ghastly Night (Not Bad)

Can anyone will try find GN on old sondermagazin (side B)? It looks, that I have disk only from SM, but probably someone change programs in it (I got this disk probably from Pirx, but it is not 100% sure, maybe i bought it with ones of my Ataris). I have this disk about 3 years, so - we knowing, that Ghastly Nigh has no only authors, but, it isn't certain, that it was published on sondermagazin.

Here's my vote. Numbers are points so number 10 is best ;)

10: Kolony 2106

9: Isora

8: LoopsDX

7: Tempest Extreme

6: Colourful Tetris

5: Electromaniac

4: Yars Strike

3: Squares

2: Go Go Garbage Truck

1: Gorilla Warfare

Kolony was the out and out winner for me though. A great game! Let's hope 2010 will be another great year for new releases!

What a great batch of games we had last year!

My Top 3 favourites would have to be:

1. Kolony 2106
  2. Loops DX
  3. Yar's Strike

I've always been biased towards Tempest, so that's why I never included it in my Top 3. Tempest Extreme is in the 4th spot, though.

Edited by dwhyte

PS. I'm disappointed that my favourite "Tempest Xtreem" haven't won :(. This is dark side of democracy :).

For sure, the reason is that not many people had an oportunity to play with full version of the game. Some of them (including me) give scores, basing on game demo which is available. Some other just don't vote on the game, because they don't want to put scores when they haven't a chance to play the game. But I think that Tempest won't win anyway - it could manage to take third position at its best.

I am a little disappointed by the low participation of AtariAge users.

KazKompo is the best contest for A8 games.

Like Kaz, I think too that Tempest Xtreem would have deserved to win (at least to be in the first three places) but the fact that it is a commercial game has penalized it.

Kaz, one question.

Why, for example, is Square in position #11?

I think it should be in position #12 because 2 games are ex-aequo in position #10.