IGNORED

Lynx HSC - 1st half of Feb. 2010 - Zarlor Mercenary

atari2600land

Here's one we haven't done before. You can still get in Ms. Pac-Man scores until 11:59 tonight, but I'm just posting this now so I don't completely forget. Deadline for this round is Valentine's Day, Feb. 14, at 11:59pm Pacific.

-current leaderboard

(coming soon)

-current high scores

-Eric DeLee 340,331

-Battlezone 201,277

-Atari Smeghead 108,410

-darthkur - 82,960

-roadrunner 41,816

-Horst 4,906

Edited by atari2600land

Not sure why... but I never played this game before today.

It's addicting. I THINK I almost made it to the third level. It is a difficult game

I had three 100K games in a row last night. Once I figure out patterns and the best weapon configuration, I think I can do much better

post-3390-12654680005_thumb.png

Not sure why... but I never played this game before today.

It's addicting. I THINK I almost made it to the third level. It is a difficult game

I had three 100K games in a row last night. Once I figure out patterns and the best weapon configuration, I think I can do much better

Yeppers baby!

LOL

(Key for some... don't do like I did when I first started playing: Don't save your money on the first two levels. SPEND SPEND SPEND. Power yourself up. It is the only way you'll survive. The points you earn in later levels will be more than enough worthwhile. Level 3 is a doozy. Lots and lots of cash as everything you blow up is worth a lot of points... but I can't get past Level 3... yet. (or perhaps I am thinking of 4. I can't remember)

Yeppers baby!

LOL

(Key for some... don't do like I did when I first started playing: Don't save your money on the first two levels. SPEND SPEND SPEND. Power yourself up. It is the only way you'll survive. The points you earn in later levels will be more than enough worthwhile. Level 3 is a doozy. Lots and lots of cash as everything you blow up is worth a lot of points... but I can't get past Level 3... yet. (or perhaps I am thinking of 4. I can't remember)

holy friggin crap! I cannot figure out patterns in space shooter games, sadly. Every time I start this game it still seems random? Is it really random? Or is it the same enemies in the same spots every time?

The graphics in this game are really great, would be nice if I could get past the first boss without using every single life

:(

Not random from what I can tell.

Even in the manual it tells you to memorize the locations of powerups. Also... if you remember what powerups are available at each level, that will help you in the long run in planning on which powerups to buy in the mid levels. If you are one from maxing a power level on a certain item, and you know there is one in that level, don't pick it up in the mid level store. Likewise, if you know you are maxed out, and there is a similar powerup for the item you already maxed out, sell it in the store, get a different item and then pick up the powerup in the level.