IGNORED

2010 JAG HIGH SCORE CLUB STANDINGS -- 1st) Hyper_Eye --

kevincal

• 1 month later...

As of March 28 I've decided to change the points system. It's very simple, let's say 5 people submit their scores for a game in a given month. 1st place gets 5 points, 2nd place will get 4 points and so on.

Let's say 9 people submit scores for a game in a given month. 1st place gets 9 points, 2nd gets 8 points and so on. I think you get the idea. ;)

The current points standings will stay the same though. Just from now on I will use the new system. ;) As for the old system of 1st place gets 15 points, 2nd place gets 14 etc. (no matter how many people played) Well, I had planned on getting atleast 15 people to play/compete each game and well that just didnt happen... :P We are lucky to have 5 regulars but thats OK.

Edited by kevincal

I know that is how most scoring is done. BUT I think differently. My thinking is I don't want such a huge seperation between the top players and the bottom players.. I think it's discouraging for someone if they put in the effort to play and only get 1 point whereas the top people are getting so many more points... :)

For instance I'm a big fan of Formula One racing. I HATE how they do their points... There are 24 cars and ALL teams and drivers work very hard, and all 24 drivers risk their life each race. Yet only the top 10 finishers get points. 25 for 1st place and only 1 stinking point for 10th. And everyone after 10th gets ZERO! Even if they raced their heart out etc. I just don't like that at all... I think it would be so much more fair if it were: 24 cars = 1st place gets 24 points, 2nd gets 23, last gets 1 point. :) And it would keep the points battle TIGHT with nobody able to really run away and make things boring in the championship...

• 1 month later...