IGNORED

Sealed Games

I have over 90 Sealed of the 125. I'm missing a few that I know were sealed at one time. I have a NIB Pitfall but not one in original shrink-wrap. I'm missing Blockade Runner and Sewer Sam, 4 Imagic titles (Fathom, Truckin', Whitewater, Dracula), Missing a shrink-wrapped River Raid and AtariSoft Version of Pacman (But do have a sealed PacMan) If I can land those I think I'm done with everything that came Shrink-Wrapped. I include all the Coleco Games that came Shrink-Wrapped as CBS titles overseas as Shrink Wrapped 125. Plus I have NIB US versions. Obviously some games were Never wrapped or only done by the retail stores especially from INTV corp.

I started the sealed in earnest after I hit 125 CIB. A few proved very difficult for a while that I did not expect like Happy Trails and Tron Solar Sailer. It is weird having sealed and unsealed of a few of the Rare ones...

I have about 6 sealed Sears Games if anyone want to trade. :-)

I prefer to have my games (cartridges) out of the box and the shrink wrap torn off. I collect games that I want to play, not sitting on a shelf gathering dust. If by any chance I have a "holy grail" factory sealed and still in the box. Then yes, I would leave it unopened and not play just so it can serve the purpose of being a collectors item. And I would feel right not playing it. I have no grails though.

• Like 1

Congrats BBWW on getting so far along on collecting sealed games. While my attitude about my own collection mirrors Retrogamer81081's, I appreciate the hard work involved in collecting so many sealed games.

Do you ever plan to take it to the next level and collect all the sealed variants too?

I haven't counted the sealed variants but I have a lot of them...some in the quest to just get some form of a sealed 125. If it was released anywhere Shrink-Wrapped I count it as one of the sealed 125 first and a variant second. That said...yes...but not hard core. I don't want a complete Sears sealed. I thought it would be nice to have ONE. But then I saw some that were too affordable to pass on. But yes, many gatefold and non gate folds...lots of Italian, French and German. Haven't really tried sealed French/Canadian...but have a good set of open ones along with a NEW CIB French Canadian Intellivision II.

With having the new PI mods of the Flashbacks...I'm seriously considering selling some of the duplicate CIB's I have of the tougher ones. But I do like putting the cart in the machine! The Ultimate Flashbacks are just to easy though. LOL

Added two sealed to the collection. A sealed Sears Night Stalker and a sealed Demon Attack but with the "Robot Demons" not the "Organic Demons". Variants but I had been looking for that Demon Attack for a long time. I try to have the OLDEST of the 125 variants in my collection first then add as available...

I now have 7 Sealed Sears...but still don't have a Sears Backgammon sealed or unsealed, I even gave away an open Sears Checkers...trying to create some Cartridge Karma.

Edited by BBWW

Do you ever plan to take it to the next level and collect all the sealed variants too?

Some like the Coleco in the US were never shrink-wrapped , so while I do have all of those sealed (Not Turbo) I do have the other in the CBS format in one language or another shrink-wrapped. I am actually amazed at how many variants Arlo and I have of Sealed games. I've just start looking add saw we have both Solar Sailer (Hong Kong) and Solar Sailer (US) shrink-wrapped or example. We have lots of Mattel in other languages or international. I still need a WHITE Shark Shark sealed. I have Mission X, BurgerTime and Vectron in the White Gatefolds.

Gatefolds were the first priority in the sealed...then we need up with some nice D&D post Mattel Games...it goes on and on. If it's $30 and under shrink-wrapped and we don't have it we buy it. LOL