IGNORED

Atlantis Games Group: New Ebay Store Availability.

Kjmann

accually, the Adventurer's Edition was the official version. the 8-bit/5200 had the extra memory for the cart, so they used it. A lot of people just never realized that the extra caverns were there. There was nothing on the box to indicate extra Caverns or "Adventurer's Edition", So people never really knew. =)

Mike Lorenzen did the 8-bit/5200 Version and added the extra caverns. it's really something. the second cavern is hard as hell but not unbeatable. The 8-bit version in my opinion is the best version of Pitfall II that was ever produced.

=)

So wait. The regular Atari 800 version has just 1 level and the 2nd one was stripped? I recall playing this game in the mid 1980's and when I beat the first level the 2nd level came up! Was that a hack? (It was a EXE file on a disk) I now own the cartridge from Activision, I wonder if this 2nd level is on the the cartridge....

The Second Cavern has always been there in the 8-bit and 5200 version, but a lot of people didn't know about it. The box for the 8-bit and 5200 versions never gave any indication that there was ever any second cavern, even though it was there. in fact the box didn't even say that it was the adventurers edition.

If the box had given some indication of the new additions to the game, maybe they would have sold even more copies.

Edited by kjmann

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, That is the extra caverns. =)

BTW: Are you the one tjb, that just bought a system out of the store this evening?

Yes sir, that would be me.

tjb

I received my XL system yesterday! Very nice package. The joystick you provided is very responsive. Are these for sale separately?

tjb

Yup, That is the extra caverns. =)

BTW: Are you the one tjb, that just bought a system out of the store this evening?

Yes sir, that would be me.

tjb

I received my XL system yesterday! Very nice package. The joystick you provided is very responsive. Are these for sale separately?

tjb

Yes, =)

I sell those joysticks for $24.99. and I sell Rebuilt CX40's for $34.95