IGNORED

NSF Player Library for C++ (or Java)

rockman_x_2002

I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but since it's somewhat related to classic game programming I thought I'd put it here.

Basically what I'm looking to do is start a project for the PC (optionally branching off to the Android platform for Android phones and devices a little later on) that plays a game in the style of the NES, including 8-bit graphics and sound, except as a modern program. Think something similar to what Capcom and Inti Creates did with Mega Man 9, if you will.

The graphics I can somewhat handle directly so I have a few ideas about how to go about getting the "look and feel" of the game(s) that I have in mind to tinker on. But for the sound, I've opted to use the NES's sound chip exclusively for music and sfx playback. Ideally, what I'd like to do is use an emulator combined with custom programmed .nsf files for the music and sound data resources.

What I'm looking for basically is a library that I can import into either a C++ or Java application (if Java, probably using JNI) that will allow me to load, play, and otherwise manipulate .nsf files in the program. I've tried searching for such a library, but to no avail. So I thought I'd pop in here and see if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or knows of such a thing.

Any help would be appreciated. :D