IGNORED

ebay/paypal payments...

EricDeLee

Just wondering something...

would you normally take an excuse of "but the bank closed before I could transfer the money into my PayPal account" as a legit statement?

In this day and age, I handle all bank transactions online, and generally speaking don't need my bank to be open in order to make a payment by using paypal.

What do you guys think? I'm not too concerned, but that it was a strange thing to say in this age of electronic banking and stuff.

I guess I'll find out for sure if I don't get paid on Monday.

In this day and age, I handle all bank transactions online, and generally speaking don't need my bank to be open in order to make a payment by using paypal.

But without a credit card you will need money in your account to pay by paypal. They may have meant "but the bank closed before I could make my deposit so I could pay with paypal" Just my guess ;)

Well, as stated that doesn't make any sense to me. You fund your PayPal account from PayPal, not by going to your bank. I know that I can make payments directly from the bank account tied to my PayPal account and the payment is immediate (no delay). If I want to add funds from my bank account to my PayPal account, it takes 2-3 days before the funds are available. Every now and again I will receive an "eCheck" from PayPal, where the funds are taken directly from the sender's bank account, and those take several days to "clear" before the funds are released. I've never sent an eCheck payment, so I'm not sure how that works.

At any rate, the person who gave you this excuse could have meant one of two things:

1) He needed to deposit some money in his bank account before making the payment (as Crazy Climber stated).

2) He needed to transfer money into his PayPal account, which takes several days.

Or he could have just been making an excuse.

..Al

But without a credit card you will need money in your account to pay by paypal. They may have meant "but the bank closed before I could make my deposit so I could pay with paypal" Just my guess ;)

good enough reasoning for me.

I always had my credit card tied to my paypal account, so I guess that's why I was a bit confused. :)

so... no payment nor plan for payment. instead... i am getting an email asking for a chaain of custody of the prototypes to prove their value. so...prior to this...i sent him pictures of the original ebay auction i got the protos from, gave him the ebay id of that person and the story i was told on how that guy got the protos. in the auction i was very straight forward yet the guy is demanding the name and address of the ebay guy i won these off of over a year ago. what the heck???

This buyer has no business asking for any information about a previous transaction you had on eBay regarding these items. He should have asked about this before the auction ended. I would tell him to pound sand. So he was just bullshitting you before with his bank excuses. Looks like this guy has a Non-Paying Bidder mark headed his way.

..Al

This buyer has no business asking for any information about a previous transaction you had on eBay regarding these items. He should have asked about this before the auction ended. I would tell him to pound sand. So he was just bullshitting you before with his bank excuses. Looks like this guy has a Non-Paying Bidder mark headed his way.

..Al

Al gives good advice. You might be better NPB marking him instead of getting payment. He will probably give you more trouble once he gets them assuming he even pays.

so... no payment nor plan for payment. instead... i am getting an email asking for a chaain of custody of the prototypes to prove their value. so...prior to this...i sent him pictures of the original ebay auction i got the protos from, gave him the ebay id of that person and the story i was told on how that guy got the protos. in the auction i was very straight forward yet the guy is demanding the name and address of the ebay guy i won these off of over a year ago. what the heck???

The guy can't figure out how to link his bank account to Paypal but he's savvy enough to ask about chain of custody? I would recommend doing a NPD immediately. This guy is trouble.

That makes sense, not everyone banks online or pays with credit cards. Maybe it is a savings account only used for paypal and he only puts in as much as he spends. Would that be a good way to prevent paypal from withdrawing too much or would it cause an overdraft even on a savings? Any bankers here?

how many days has it been since he won the auction and hasnt paid???

a few days,or over a week?

if only a few/couple days.isnt it fair to give hima 7 days to complete transaction?

but if it has been over a week,start worrying

I agree. When did the auction end? Has it been a week?

If it was over a week I'd start to worry even if they were mailing payment.

Problem is resolved for now. :) I think this has actually turned into a good story. :)

That's good. Most of the time you only hear the negative results.

What happened? It's nice to hear good stories.