IGNORED

Deadly Premonition?!

moycon

Has anyone heard of this game?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WSR8BC?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002WSR8BC

What is the story? Under $20 and thats the launch price?

Kinda looks like an Xbox game, the original Xbox.

I think the only real question will be how bad is this game going to be?

link

In one flashback sequence, players are able to control the villain (the Raincoat Killer) as he uses an axe to kill the townsfolk—toxic gas has left them in a deranged state; the grainy black-and-white sequence depicts the townsfolk emitting red blood-spurts when hit, as their bodies disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

IGN has a review up....

Closing Comments

Awful in nearly every way. The Twin Peaks meets Resident Evil with a dash of Grand Theft Auto formula sounds pretty great, but it was well beyond the capabilities of this development team. Terrible controls. Terrible pacing. Terrible sound effects. Terrible visuals. Maybe you can convince yourself that these things don't matter as you work through this surreal and quirky storyline. The rest of us will be off playing better videogames.

If I were you, I'd avoid reading any more reviews until after you had a chance to play with it personally -- especially since it looks like you preordered it. To me unless the camera punishes you at every turn, its prolly just ign being.. ign. :v]

I assume you'll get your copy in the next couple of days since the release date is tomorrow. I'm interested in hearing what you think.

Or if you hate it, let me know, I may pick it up off of you if it sounds quirky enough. ;)

Tangent: I still want to crank out a mini-review of Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon... but I read the reviews after I had played the game for a couple of days straight and gotten half the achievements...

Hex.

[ Likes playing so-called 'bad games' every once in a while... ]

They are sayin AVP is bad too!

I think it great..and creepy!icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah after reading several negative reviews about AVP, I'm now steering even farther from reviews. It's hard to take them seriously after praising certain games to the point they almost give them a perfect score, while actual good games don't get higher reviews they deserve.

Yeah after reading several negative reviews about AVP, I'm now steering even farther from reviews.

Yeah you guys know I rarely/never buy and play or don't buy games based solely on reviews. I personally know I would have missed out on a bunch of GREAT games if I listened to "professional" reviews! LOL :cool:

I'll for sure give my impression of this game after I've had a chance to sit down with it for a few hours. My copy shipped today!!

So far it seems about like I figured it would. A last gen horror survival game.

The control it pretty wonky is my biggest complaint, but it's no worse than control we've played in the past. So far I'm not hating it or anything, I haven't really played it long though.

I've heard the achievements suck. If you want to get 100% you have to play through 3 times (there's achievements for finishing on easy, medium and hard and they DON'T stack) and each time takes around 15-20 hours.

• 1 month later...

It looks like IGN pissed in the review pool for this one. They gave this game the lowest rating of review site on Metacritic, and twenty points lower than the next lowest score. Sounds like God Hand all over again if you ask me. Nearly all the other reviewers acknowledged that the game is flawed, yet charming in its own quirky way. IGN is unable to see charm as a quality, having none of its own since the FOX acquisition.

It looks like IGN pissed in the review pool for this one. They gave this game the lowest rating of review site on Metacritic, and twenty points lower than the next lowest score. Sounds like God Hand all over again if you ask me. Nearly all the other reviewers acknowledged that the game is flawed, yet charming in its own quirky way. IGN is unable to see charm as a quality, having none of its own since the FOX acquisition.

IGN does seem to have screwed the game a bit. I think it's a rather interesting game, but it definitely would have done better if the zombies actually had more of an effect on things. As my younger brother figured out when he played, you can easily run right past the zombies to the end of the level and, in most cases, face no resistance.

As my younger brother figured out when he played, you can easily run right past the zombies to the end of the level and, in most cases, face no resistance.

Haha really? I'll have to try that out.

Going to be playing this some more tonight.

As my younger brother figured out when he played, you can easily run right past the zombies to the end of the level and, in most cases, face no resistance.

Haha really? I'll have to try that out.

Going to be playing this some more tonight.

Yeah, you really can. Lol.

I didnt mind God Hand.

In fact I found it to be very funny.

I played it till the end and then some.