IGNORED

eBay Still Sucks Monkey Balls

Albert

Nope not really. You ever dyed a t-shirt before? Same shit different pile.

No, I have not. These shells have metal screws and springs in them. Would those need to be removed?

It seems like a lot of work given how easy it is to come by common 2600 carts in good condition.. :ponder:

..Al

Ya, I would take the screws and springs out. Dye the halves and glide in peices.

Ya, I would take the screws and springs out. Dye the halves and glide in peices.

Now it's definitely into the realm of "far too much work". To do this properly, you'd need to keep track of the shell halves, as there are many subtle variations on 2600 shells and you don't want to mix the two halves up. Might be interesting, though, if the shells were dyed some color other than black.

..Al

Now it's definitely into the realm of "far too much work". To do this properly, you'd need to keep track of the shell halves, as there are many subtle variations on 2600 shells and you don't want to mix the two halves up. Might be interesting, though, if the shells were dyed some color other than black.

..Al

Rit will only do light to dark or dark to darker. For other colors you would need to use that expensive spray stuff all the cosmetic modders are using on consoles and cartridges like the ones Ax and DoubleDown have made. Probably why that spray like like $50 bucks a pop and rit powder is $1 :lol:

Just received another eBay item that was not properly described. The auction clearly describes (in the title and auction description) a "High Capacity Cyan Toner Cartridge" with the proper model number for a high capacity cartridge. Today I received a "Standard Capacity" cartridge instead, which I certainly would not have purchased had I known. The picture of the item doesn't even match the box I received. I already wrote the seller asking WTF, and if I am not satisfied with the seller's response I will be filing a claim on PayPal.

eBay. You suck.

..Al

• Like 1

Well, I know one thing ... after my most recent eBay horror story, I'm about done buying things on eBay. I'll still use it in exceptional situations, but for the most part, I'm much more comfortable with the Marketplace here on AtariAge.

Holy cow, I hadn't even seen your pictures. Unbelievable. If you look at the auction pictures, you can see where "Skiing" was pulled apart from "Major League Baseball", and the seller probably gave up at that point trying to separate the boxes for a better picture. I sure as heck hope you'll be giving that seller a negative, even if you get a partial or full refund. What the hell is wrong with people? How could someone possibly think they'd get away with this?

..Al

I have an idea what you can do with the carts. Bring them to CGExpo and set up a AtariAge hockey board. Then let people try to shot the carts into a small whole in the center of the board from across the room with a hockey stick. If somebody gets a cart in the whole they win a free AA cart. :D

Allan

A video of this for the board would be priceless. :D

So I just got this big box of blank carts at my house today.....and guess what? THEY ARE ALL SCUFFED! Sheesh! I can't use them for anything now. I complained to the seller but HE DOESN'T CARE! He called my mother all sorts of nasty names and said I could rot in hell! ;)

I'm at wits end....should I leave him negative feedback?

;)

One box of carts showed up! Next weekend is scheduled Project Monkey Redux time! (Only I'm not using these to make lamps)

Just received another eBay item that was not properly described.

AOL! I opened the mail from Saturday this morning and my purchase, an Atari 400/800/XL/XE Demon Attack loose cartridge, had magically transformed to a VCS one (these are common as rocks all over the globe, while the former one, being 400/800 compatible only, are quite rare in Europe) during shipping.

Thorsten

AOL! I opened the mail from Saturday this morning and my purchase, an Atari 400/800/XL/XE Demon Attack loose cartridge, had magically transformed to a VCS one (these are common as rocks all over the globe, while the former one, being 400/800 compatible only, are quite rare in Europe) during shipping.

Was this a mixup or was the item improperly described on eBay?

I had an eBay seller recently mix up the shipping of two packages so I ended up with the wrong item and someone else ended up with mine. The seller immediately sent out UPS tags to each of us so we could re-ship the packages, but it took about two weeks before I received the proper package. I have done this in the past as well, fortunately it wasn't something I needed right away.

..Al

Was this a mixup or was the item improperly described on eBay?

The seller now claims he made a "mistake" and - prior to finding out that I already gave him the feedback he deserved, offered a refund. After finding out about that, he - of course - isn't any longer willing to refund my 10 US$. Well, I can live without them, but other buyers needed to be warned, IMHO, because

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804693812221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280469381222&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

this doesn't look like a mixup to me (as the seller even depicted the package of the 400/800 version, which is black rather than silver, as is the cartridge itself). The cart even had a large, new sticker to it (so much for the "good" condition) with a price tag of 94 cents, so the seller perfectly well knew that the game wasn't even worth a single buck (it isn't worth a single Euro in Germany, either).

Thorsten