IGNORED

Winter Olympics sign up time!

homerwannabee

Anyone reading this forum about WINTER OLYMPICS.

Still spots open for competition,

even if you don't own each game or have the emulator,

you could default from the event if needed... but

can't help but to notice that,

Norway

Canada

UK,

only have 1 person/teammate each. :ponder:

If these teams can get at least 1 more person each, that would be great to see.

Mr. Galaxian

In case the Atari 2600 Winter Games "end" and the teams are uneven like now, will a switch teams draw be done, such as a USA teammate will be placed into Norway etc?

Or will the final result be of whoever felt like participating in competition?

Since Feb 28th is nearing, maybe would be best to either extend the time for this, or shorten the teams to 2 a country... or maybe 3? :?

What you think?

Good point. It will be shortened to 3 a country. Since no one country has 4 members this works out perfectly. Also, this is my solution to the 1 person country problem. There are 3 different countries with one person. Great Britain, Canada, and Norway. If they want to they can join forces with each other, and I don't really care how these three join forces. If they want to remain independent of each other than fine. If Canada wants to join forces with Norway or Great Britain fine, or if Norway wants to join forces with Great Britain fine, or if they all want to join as a three member nation then fine. I will just list it as Great Britain/Canada/Norway all as one. So I will leave the choice up to them on what these 3 countries with only one member wants to do. :) Also, I think I will keep the ending date the same, as to be in spirit with the Olympics. :D

Well congrats to team Sweden! They are our olympic champions this year. As a reward each player will get a choice of either a Sam The Eagle Olympic pin from the 1984 games, or a rare Defend Atlantis contest form. Since JacobZu7zu7 was the best video game athlete he can have a set of 5 different Olympic pins from the 1984 games. Thank you so much to all the participants. Next time when the Olympic games happen I will be sure to give everyone at least a 2 week notice of the upcoming games instead of a 1 days notice. I think with more time to prepare for the games things will go better next time. :)

So JacobZu7, and Pis just P.M. me with your address, and I will be sure to mail the items out.

• Like 1

Congrats to Sweden and JacobZu7zu7! :thumbsup:

At least team USA took the Gold in Ice Hockey... take that Canada!! :P

Thanks dude. :thumbsup:

I had a blast. I put the other HSC's I was doing as being (less important) for this Winter Games challenge,

as it is my first one on Atari Age, and it doesn't happen often. Plus the winter olympics games choosen were bad-ass.

I done quite well in Februrary HSC's anyhow,

1st...(4 way tie) Atari 2600 Gangster Alley 99,990

1st... NES Marble Madness 104,000

1st... Atari Winter Olympics

:cool:

Thanks for doing this Mr. Galaxian I had fun with it. Congrats to the winners. :)

Congrads to you as well. As always your Atari scores were VERY tough to beat. I'm actually kinda

proud that I could top you, especially with the Hot Dog. 10.00 is one hell-of a score to need and to do. LOL.