IGNORED

Introducing the Atari Music Network

From sequencing Tangerine Dream concerts in the 80's to tearing up the dance floors at the 2010 Blip Fest, Atari's reputation as a music monster machine has persisted for a quarter of a century. The secret behind its success is clear: Atari was perfect from the beginning – it didn't need to change. For MIDI enthusiasts, the Atari was and still is the ultimate bridge between man, music, and machine. For chip musicians, the Atari's untapped, sonic color palette has yet to fill the canvas of 8-bit pop. The Atari Music Network strives to be at the forefront of the Vintage Digital Music Revolution.

The Atari Music Network (AMN) aims to:

• Stimulate social networking between Atari musicians and developers on AMN's ♫ Official Forum, Facebook Group, and Twitter.

• Encourage Atari developers to update, market, and resell ex-commercial Atari software or release it into the public domain.

• Provide free promotion and dedicated profile pages for muscians and devlopers to promote their albums, events, and news.

• Advocate and sponsor Atari based musicians in the 8-bit music scene.

• Catalog and review all known Atari music software and hardware

• Collect and offer hard to find Atari warez (abandoneware only).

• Collect and offer sysex sound banks and software utilities for MIDI synths.

• Provide automated worldwide Ebay power searches for popular Atari products.

post-25577-12661740703_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Updates! The Atari Music Network has launched a new music sharing service for chiptune and MIDI musicians! See below:

"Introducing AMN Live!

AMN Live! is a free, professionally designed music sharing service for all chiptune and vintage MIDI musicians to promote their music more effectively than ever before! Within minutes, you can create a profile and begin adding your songs or albums for other members to listen, rate and comment on. You can include cover art, profile pics, videos, and discography data as well as written reviews, lyrics and chords for every song you add! You can even associate your music with other registered artists for cross-promotion and collaborative projects. If that wasn't enough, you can publish personalized playlists of your favorite songs so others can discover your tunes quickly and organically.

With AMN Live! there are countless ways to get your music heard and appreciated! That's why AMN Live! integrates social bookmarking and network sharing with Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and many other major sites. There's also SEO tools to help you tag and define your music so search engines can index and rank your content higher.

Even though the service is free, the Atari Music Network is the only chiptune and vintage MIDI community that pays out of pocket for Facebook and Google ads – so your music has a much better chance of getting noticed!

You don't have to be an Atari user to join either! The Atari Music Network welcomes chiptune and MIDI musicians from the Commodore, Amiga, Spectrum, Nintendo, PC, and Mac communities!"

Visit the Atari Music Network

post-25577-127092133359_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

First off, sorry for taking this long to provide an explanation but I can tell you that Donovan is alive and well and starting to look at doing some new projects in the future. As you may have guessed I'm not Donovan.

I'm the new site owner and admin Malcolm Ramage and if you have been to the site recently you will have seen my forum name on there a lot, and my name alongside many of the newer articles on there.

Donovan created a community that genuinely cared when the site went offline and with the recent completion of the change of ownership, I finally saw just how far he had gone in trying to reach the Atari and chiptune communities in the number of forums actually joined.

Since bringing the site back online, new albums have been uploaded along with some new software and new articles. I have every intention of carrying on with what Donovan started and the community around the site created. New twitter, facebook and email accounts have been created, all of which are directly tied to the site, especially the email accounts.

If you want to ask me anything directly, please feel free to get in touch, my email accounts are either malcolm.ramage@malcolmramge.com or malcolm.ramage@atarimusic.net