IGNORED

XL/XE colors

pepax

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to know what the "true" colour of the XE and ST cases are supposed to be. Mine are all restored but none are the same colour. And the ST case colour seems different again.

Hmm, should've thought of that.. It may have been inspired by the NTSC. ;)

I have an NTSC 130XE and it's colors are off. Any suggestions as to fix-- here's the symptoms:

luminance of 0 and 4 give same luminance.

luminance of 2 and 6 give same luminance.

luminance of 8 and 12 give same luminance.

luminance of 10 and 14 give same luminance.

This I see when doing POKE 710 or 709 in Gr.0. I replaced GTIA chip but same results. And the results are same whether I use RF modulator output or A/V DIN5 output.

I have an NTSC 130XE and it's colors are off. Any suggestions as to fix-- here's the symptoms:

This I see when doing POKE 710 or 709 in Gr.0. I replaced GTIA chip but same results. And the results are same whether I use RF modulator output or A/V DIN5 output.

Eh... The discussion is about the case colors....

Or am i wrong now?

Marius

Eh... The discussion is about the case colors....

Or am i wrong now?

Marius

It's somewhat related to the topic and NTSC msg and the topic was pretty much dead anyway so it served as a bump -- killing a few birds with one stone. Now if I said something like where do you get the cable for the Kodak Easyshare C-300 to hook up to an NTSC TV-- you may have a better point.

After all wouldn't you prefer that Ataris get fixed and get used regardless if it's completely on-topic.

I'd love to know what the "true" colour of the XE and ST cases are supposed to be. Mine are all restored but none are the same colour. And the ST case colour seems different again.

I meant "Never The Same Color", the color of the case this time. ;-)

I meant "Never The Same Color", the color of the case this time. ;-)

Don't worry, some of us got it ;)

Pete

After all wouldn't you prefer that Ataris get fixed and get used regardless if it's completely on-topic.

*sigh*

You did not understand why I wrote that your contribution is offtopic.

When you want answers on YOUR issue (and I agree: it would be best if you get answer!) you'd better start a new issue.

And besides that, it happens really a lot of times that topicstarters does not get any usefull answers, because the topic leaves the topic very soon, so I tried to prevent that.

And believe me: when you want to find something back later, it is also better when topics are not too much offtopic.

And except for the fact that the word NTSC was written, your question really has nothing to do with the topic. sorry.

Marius

*sigh*

You did not understand why I wrote that your contribution is offtopic.

Literally, it's on-topic. Just as many other topics in the forum.

When you want answers on YOUR issue (and I agree: it would be best if you get answer!) you'd better start a new issue.

Sometimes, it's not a big deal to start an issue within the same topic. By looking at this topic name, nobody can really tell what aspect of "xl/xe colors" it's talking about. And search engines usually will get to the content as well.

And except for the fact that the word NTSC was written, your question really has nothing to do with the topic. sorry.

Marius

I could start a topic with the same subject and refer to teh XL/XE colors being wrong hardware-wise rather than case-wise. But that would really be more confusing for searching by topic. Anyway, I will move the issue to another topic. But isn't your talk also off topic-- to talk about being on-topic.