IGNORED

Games supporting more than one button

Syfo-Dyas

I'm not aware of any games like that. I guess such games would have to have been specifically programmed for the particular third-party controller with the second button.

The 7800 controllers were terrible. Two buttons, one on each side, that do the same thing. A disc-like thing on the joystick that spins, but isn't a paddle controller, it doesn't do anything but spin. It's almost as if the engineering concept for the controller started out as "two independent buttons and a paddle controller disc at top of the joystick" but was changed along the way by some "oops, can't do thats" and "nope, would cost too muchs."

I also never much cared for Intellivision or Nintendo NES controllers. IMO the absolute ideal controller would be an Atari 2600-style joystick but with *two* independent buttons, with the second serving wonderfully for arcade functions like hyperspace or smart-bomb, and strategy functions like bringing up a menu.

Yep, correct.

Alas, GemDrop seems to be the only game supporting a Genesis controller (Sega MegaDrive in Europe) and two fire buttons on one joystick...

There are however some games that support one player with two joysticks and thus also two fire buttons, like Spy Hunter, Robotron, Arena 3000, Robbie`s Mission and probably others...

-Andreas Koch.

Gem Drop supports a Genesis controller. There are probably a few others too. Gem Drop was written in Action, BTW.

Are there any games for the 8-bit that support using more than one button, like with a SMS control pad or something?

I think (and my memory is pretty hazy) that Spy Hunter used the button on the second joystick for an alternate weapon...

Yup, that's true. You could get a special joystick holder that held the 2 joysticks together so it wouldn't be as awkward.

Are there any games for the 8-bit that support using more than one button, like with a SMS control pad or something?

I think (and my memory is pretty hazy) that Spy Hunter used the button on the second joystick for an alternate weapon...

Yup, that's true. You could get a special joystick holder that held the 2 joysticks together so it wouldn't be as awkward.

I wired an old doorbell button to the joystick and ran an extra cable to port 2