IGNORED

Label Art

kamakazi

I am not sure if this can be posted here, but then again, I didn't see where else to post it.

For a college assignment tonight, the class was supposed to just show some of their talent. I decided to try and create a cartridge label in the 2600/7800 style. The whole idea was just to see what we could do with the rest of the course helping us improve on our work (make it better I supposed). Thought I'd share what I did here. It could of been better but I am happy with the results. If this isn't the place to post this then my appologies to the Administrators.

Believe it or not, this little label was the results of about 20 different Photoshop Layers (Adobe not Corel). I did have to use a cart scan to get the label and artbox sizes. This is based on a game idea I am working on.

post-18904-12665642453_thumb.png

Nice 1st time atari art.icon_thumbsup.gif

I would add a nice "Hue" or "coloring" of Dark blue & purple to the spacey background.

Would make the other objects stand out more.

But I like color.icon_ponder.gif

Well, how about this then? Professor said that the main image didn't have enough going on, so I reworked around another game idea. I think it would be cool to work on Atari labels...once my Photoshop and Illustrator skills are improved.

post-18904-126664618885_thumb.png

Nice 1st time atari art.icon_thumbsup.gif

I would add a nice "Hue" or "coloring" of Dark blue & purple to the spacey background.

Would make the other objects stand out more.

But I like color.icon_ponder.gif

Well, how about this then? Professor said that the main image didn't have enough going on, so I reworked around another game idea. I think it would be cool to work on Atari labels...once my Photoshop and Illustrator skills are improved.

The background is much better!

Make the Title Larger and Bold it,and inlarge the ship in the middle 2-3 times...remember lables are small.

Looking good.icon_mrgreen.gif

Grr, I didn't save the original Photoshop artwork...I had to do it over. But maybe this time it will look better. I also did a similar image for the 5200 and 2600 carts, just for fun. This is NOT a finished game...just getting some ideas on cartridge art.

What I did: The name was changed to Planet Defense as Earth Defense sounds too close to Earth Defense Force. The title and fighter ship were enlarged and a few more "enemies" were added. The planet was reworked to where it's not so dark. The "Atari" name, console number and "Video Game Cartridge" are raised. Hope you like it. I have to say that the 2600 is my favorite.

post-18904-126670630967_thumb.png

post-18904-12667063463_thumb.png

post-18904-126670637213_thumb.png

Edited by kamakazi

That's like a dream come true for me... a bag of ALL red gumdrops... yummm.

icon_lol.gif @ Mirage

Looking much better!icon_thumbsup.gif

Maybe also make the Blue around the title text go all the way around, instead of being blue on one half black on the othericon_ponder.gif

And remove the Atari logo box in the picture so that the art & title are the only thing on it.

That's like a dream come true for me... a bag of ALL red gumdrops... yummm.

icon_lol.gif @ Mirage

Looking much better!icon_thumbsup.gif

Maybe also make the Blue around the title text go all the way around, instead of being blue on one half black on the othericon_ponder.gif

And remove the Atari logo box in the picture so that the art & title are the only thing on it.

How's this?

LOL @ Mirage...all gummies must be destroyed! :D Thanks in advance for your criticism...it has helped me with this assignment.

post-18904-1266714429_thumb.png

post-18904-126671447665_thumb.png

post-18904-126671450065_thumb.png