IGNORED

Autographed Texas Chainsaw Massacre = more valuable?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2505840490201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250584049020&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Do you think anyone would really pay more for a TCM box that has been autographed? It seems that it would take away from the value but who knows. No way dude is getting 1k though.

Yep, ALOT more. It won't be an Atari collector that wins this for sure either as Horror movie buffs are gonna be all over this.

For a boxed copy of TCM I'd probably be willing to spend 150 bucks or so... So then the question becomes if those signatures merit spending an extra 850 dollars. I like the movie and all but let's face it, those are no name actors. Only Gunnar Hansen(Leatherface) enjoyed any success in his career, and at best he was a B movie star(Anyone ever see Mosquito? Didn't think so). There could be some die hard TCM fan who'd be willing to pay for that, but they'd be really into Atari and really into TCM. So what I'm trying to say here is... absolutely not hahah.

For a boxed copy of TCM I'd probably be willing to spend 150 bucks or so... So then the question becomes if those signatures merit spending an extra 850 dollars. I like the movie and all but let's face it, those are no name actors. Only Gunnar Hansen(Leatherface) enjoyed any success in his career, and at best he was a B movie star(Anyone ever see Mosquito? Didn't think so). There could be some die hard TCM fan who'd be willing to pay for that, but they'd be really into Atari and really into TCM. So what I'm trying to say here is... absolutely not hahah.

For $150 you would be lucky to get a loose cart. :roll:

150 dollars would be grossly overpaying for a loose cart of TCM. I've considered buying this game in the past and 3 price guides claim that this game(loose) is worth 50, 85, and 108 dollars respectively. I could then use that 42 extra dollars to buy actually decent 2600 games :D

For $150 you would be lucky to get a loose cart. :roll:

Completed ebay shows you can get a cart only for around 75 and with the booklet 115 but I know that is changing all the time and the box makes a huge difference.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2605489402721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260548940272&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I didn't think of any chainsaw nuts, I was on the one-track Atari mindset. So, yeah, you never know.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

For a boxed copy of TCM I'd probably be willing to spend 150 bucks or so...

GFL getting a boxed copy for $150. At that price, I'd like 4 please. The price on a CIB copy has been steadily on the rise. I think JC wrote a bit about this in one of the more recent atari2600.com newsletters.

150 dollars would be grossly overpaying for a loose cart of TCM. I've considered buying this game in the past and 3 price guides claim that this game(loose) is worth 50, 85, and 108 dollars respectively. I could then use that 42 extra dollars to buy actually decent 2600 games :D

Oh I agree, it should only be worth about $50 bucks for a loose copy but as of the last year or so both the Wizard titles have sky rocketed in price. $150 might be exagerating a bit but I wouldn't bat an eye if one did sell for $150 considering the constant rise in price it has been on as of late.

Oh I agree, it should only be worth about $50 bucks for a loose copy but as of the last year or so both the Wizard titles have sky rocketed in price. $150 might be exagerating a bit but I wouldn't bat an eye if one did sell for $150 considering the constant rise in price it has been on as of late.

Ah, apologies, i wasn't aware the prices had spiked so. Fortunately I just purchased a Double Ender cart of them and won't have to pay out the ass to enjoy them :D. But to update on the bidding for this autographed one, it's down to one day and still, nobody's touched it. He probably would have better luck if he started the bidding low and hoped that it inflated to 1 grand, as opposed to starting the bidding at 1 grand.

Ah, apologies, i wasn't aware the prices had spiked so. Fortunately I just purchased a Double Ender cart of them and won't have to pay out the ass to enjoy them :D. But to update on the bidding for this autographed one, it's down to one day and still, nobody's touched it. He probably would have better luck if he started the bidding low and hoped that it inflated to 1 grand, as opposed to starting the bidding at 1 grand.

You are correct. This won't sell for 1k. IMO, a CIB TCM is between $300 and $350, for a nice one. Gunner sigs go for around $20 to $40. Signed CIB would bring around $400 maybe $500 on a real good day. HHW

I'd love to have this and then have it autographed by the programmer as well. :love:

Good luck tracking Ed down to get him to sign it. LOL

I was going to have Tim Martin (programmer) and Charles Band (former president of Wizard Games) autograph my copy of Halloween, but I eventually decided against it.

As far as this TCM goes, Sr. is probably right...signatures like this certainly won't add value to an Atari collector, but they will to a horror buff. $1000 though? Probably not.