IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 4: Atari Invaders

therealbountybob

9180 screen shot to follow unless I get a better score. My daughter (4) wants to know why the crabs are doing poos on me :lol:

Bless, you'd better not let her see you being mowed down by a lawn mower or hit by a truck in Preppie! If she likes you being hit by poo have a go on Whomper Stomper ;)

12580 really happy with that :)

will post screen shot later on my iPod at the moment

oh trbb I am playing on an NTSC 1200xl so my score surely = to yours on a slow old pal 800xl ;)

maybe you're brain just works better at a faster pace, i think you should play all the games at 60hz! I had another good go getting to invasion 26, again, what are the chances of that :ponder: have a pb or inv 41 so will keep trying ;)

Vote for the next game here!

12580 really happy with that :)

will post screen shot later on my iPod at the moment

oh trbb I am playing on an NTSC 1200xl so my score surely = to yours on a slow old pal 800xl ;)

I'm also play on NTSC but 800XL. Perhaps, I need an accelerator so I can shoot faster. But there are bugs in this space invaders like shots falling from the sky out of the blue and unbreakable bunker points and some aliens being in limbo in space. This game resets after Invasion 11 so it's not like that other one where they the invaders stay low.

post-12094-126746682842_thumb.jpg

Now that I have power back, I shall have to try and improve, especially since y'all are MURDERING me on points this series...

They reset after wave 11 eh? Hmmm... I may have a chance to get some better scores then. I thought Bob was a button mashing God beating so many waves where one drop in level lands them on the planet. :P

Now that I have power back, I shall have to try and improve, especially since y'all are MURDERING me on points this series...

They reset after wave 11 eh? Hmmm... I may have a chance to get some better scores then. I thought Bob was a button mashing God beating so many waves where one drop in level lands them on the planet. :P

If they reset after invasion 11, I may want to give it some more shots as that's where I got stuck and thought it wasn't worth it if they were all like that Invasion 11 afterwards.

Button mashing god eh... hmmm... it's got a nice ring to it :thumbsup:

post-19705-126748059239_thumb.jpg

Here's that bug atariksi:

post-19705-126748061928_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if the stray shot that sometimes comes down from the top of the screen (after you shoot a mother ship?) was meant to be the big missile from the ship - in the coin-op it blasted down at high speed and even cut through the barriers with a nice eerie sound if I remember correctly. I wonder if they tried to implement this but didn't have time... another job for someone talented in 6502 :ponder:

that's another one for the excuse list ABP 'no power' ;)

mini table

1st therealbountybob 37,510

2nd atariksi 22,740

3rd cebus capucinis 20,910

4th divya16 12,850

5th Preppie!! 12,580

6th roadrunner 12,270

7th AB Positive 11,780

8th krupkaj 9,290

9th a8isa1 8,840

10th atariron82 4,050

11th 4ks 2,240

12th bluecat 1,310

Vote for the next game here!

Yes, it does reset after invasion 11. But in invasion 12+, there's these little baby invaders that sometimes pop out once you shoot the normal invader but their starting height is back to normal as in invasion 1 in invasion 12.

Hint: in invasion 11, don't go after the spaceship. One miss of the invaders, and they land.

Button mashing god eh... hmmm... it's got a nice ring to it :thumbsup:

post-19705-126748059239_thumb.jpg

Here's that bug atariksi:

post-19705-126748061928_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if the stray shot that sometimes comes down from the top of the screen (after you shoot a mother ship?) was meant to be the big missile from the ship - in the coin-op it blasted down at high speed and even cut through the barriers with a nice eerie sound if I remember correctly. I wonder if they tried to implement this but didn't have time... another job for someone talented in 6502 :ponder:

that's another one for the excuse list ABP 'no power' ;)

I guess they are minor bugs so can't be used as an excuse. Another "feature" of the game is that when the invaders are about to land and there is only one that is about to land and you shoot him (her/it) while it has started to land then even if you blow it up before it lands, it still lands and game is over. I guess I can't consider that a bug since it may be that the parts of the alien that blow up contaminate the earth and you lose the game.

I was able to make it once after wave 11... then royally screwed myself on wave 12. had 19K but no camera battery left.

...that's OK, I plan on getting above 20k and proving it now that I got the hang of it :D

That's good. I just got 26290 and invasion 22. Photo still in camera.