IGNORED

Metroid Prime Previews at Theatres

Bivotar

I caught "I Spy" this weekend, and before the previews was a commercial for Metroid Prime. It was AWESOME! :D The game looks absolutely incredible and they showed a lot of in-game action.

I want to get this game badly, but for some reason fps games on consoles (not pc's) make me extremely motion sick. Does this happen to anybody else? I really tried to play Perfect Dark but after a couple times of getting near puking sick, I gave up. :(

I caught "I Spy" this weekend, and before the previews was a commercial for Metroid Prime.  It was AWESOME!   :D  The game looks absolutely incredible and they showed a lot of in-game action.  

I want to get this game badly, but for some reason fps games on consoles (not pc's) make me extremely motion sick.  Does this happen to anybody else?  I really tried to play Perfect Dark but after a couple times of getting near puking sick, I gave up.   :(

I know exactly what you mean. The Spyro games on Playstation literally made me queasy. I bought one and couldn't finish it, played the demo on another and gave up when I turned green. I wouldn't say this is true of ALL FP-style games, but it happens more often than I'd like. I guess for better or worse it's partly why I'm still a 2-D retrogamer.

BTW I wish I had known you were going! I've been wanting to see I-Spy myself, but my wife's not much of a moviegoer unless it's sappy romance. *sighs*

i havent seen the commercial on a movie screen, but i did see it from a streaming video download. it was sweet! and after playing the demo, there is no way in hell that i wont get this game on release day!

perfect dark made me a little queazy at first too. rare tried to make it look too good for its own good, and the framerate made the game a little hard to look at.

also, Metroid Prime really isnt a shooter. its more of an adventure. think of halflife, but with more environment interaction. in fact, some of halflifes developers are working on Prime! retro studios is loaded with great talent!

I played the demo of bot hof the new Metroids,and I have to say they are good.

I don't know if either are better then Super Metroid,as you only get 10min with each but they are good.I had to get use to the one stick movement in Prime,cause I am so use to using both sticks but it isn't too bad.

I know Prime isn't a fps,but it is in the first person for 98% of the game,and you have a gun in which you shoot stuff with.But it's all good. :roll: :D :ponder:

Animal Crossing, Mario SC, and Metroid are my reasons for picking it up.

Oh and Mario Party 4, MP is the only game I've ever been able to get my wife to play with me, so it's worth it's weight.

PSO will make it to XBox live eventually, so I'll wait for it, it will be much better on XBox anyway. :-)

Yea,you get it free with Xbox Live in Japan!What a rip off!I'm sure it will be sweet,but in the Xbox version do you get ep.II? :D  :x  :?

the xbox PSO is only episode1. i have heard rumors that GC and Xbox players will be able to play together online, but i dont know how true that is.

anyways, back to the topic, both metroid demos were sweet! i especially liked how fusions demo was actually the full version of the game.