IGNORED

FC-16 Go (Version 2)

Yobo is releasing a new revision of the FC-16 Go. We are currently accepting pre-orders for this version here:

http://stoneagegamer.com/fc16goportablesnes.aspx

We should be receiving ours early next week. They should be leaving Yobo today. They only have Charcoal and Red in stock at this time. Here are the changes that were made:

• SNES style D-Pad (no more PSX looking d-pad)
  • Larger shoulder buttons
  • Reset Button was moved to where Power button was (I assume they also fixed the Reset functionality, but the sales guy could not confirm)
  • Power is now a switch on the side of the unit
  • Standard Headphone Jack
  • Stereo Sound (I could not confirm if it was stereo for TV output, I assume so)
  • System Case has a glossy finish

There is a rumor if upgraded compatibility, however the sales guy could not confirm this. I also do not know if they removed lock-out tabs or not.

I will be posting pictures and sending off review units to ReviewTechUSA and Gamester81 as soon as I receive them. They will be doing comparison reviews to version 1. We do have a couple Silver version 1s in stock on clearance for $44.99.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Are you F***in kicking me? This just came out. How did they change everything we complained about AND produced a new unit in about 2-3 months? Ugh...

Btw, every game I've tried works except one. That would be Starfox 2 (the unreleased game). It works fine on my super famicom, but when I play it in the FC it states that there are no controllers plugged in, and refuses you to proceed.

Just thought I'd share.

Are you F***in kicking me? This just came out. How did they change everything we complained about AND produced a new unit in about 2-3 months? Ugh...

You got me. I heard rumors of this more than a month ago, but I thought there was no way they would or could revise it in this short of time period after launching the original. Something like this is almost unheard of in the clone scene. If I would have known I would have probably not even carried original.

Sweet! I'll have to pick one of these up. I was OK with the original when I had it, but I really bougght it as a christmas present. I ought to call my friend and ask how it's holding up.

I'll definately have to see about picking another one up though, I loved the thing....as for Stereo sound, if you can hook headphones in it (standard ones) then a standarda udio patch cable will be considerably easier to come across than the three plug versions. Oh, still don't know what that is called, but hey, apparently, a lot of portable DVD players include them to hook to a TV.

I'll have to set up a preorder, as soon as I get money on my card. :lol:

Is it still going be a huge clunker like the original FC16 Go?

Well, there's not much shrinkageing they could do to it (unless they dump the folding screen and just mount the screen into the face of the thing....gba style)

One mod that would have been nice, though I never bought it up, a deeper cart slot would have been nice, like shove the thing half way into the console, or all the way in, heck, if they put in an eject lever, they could have done that.

Hey, will this one use the same battery as the old one? I might see about some at the local cell store if so.

Edited by Video

All of those looking for a small SNESp will be very disappointed. Hyperkin is making one as well and they also stated that their's would be large because they are using a full motherboard like the FC-16 Go. The reason for this is pretty simple. They have three options:

1. Completely re-engineer the board which costs a ton of $$$ for such a novelty niche market item. Most likely this would mean a step back in compatibility and a price increase as well.

2. Use software emulation like the GenMobile. The GenMobile's compatibility is estimated at about 89%, not to mention there is terrible slow down in some games that do work. This is not a solution I would be a fan off.

3. Use the current tried and true motherboard and try to keep on improving its compatibility.

Would I love to see a smaller SNESp? Yes, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I am glad Yobo fixed many of the issues of the original FC-16 Go, however I do wish they would have just waited and released this version to begin with. Unfortunately it sucks for people who bought the original :( , but works out for those who waited.

Hey, will this one use the same battery as the old one? I might see about some at the local cell store if so.

I am not sure, but I would assume. We do sell higher capacity batteries at our store and will soon be adding wall chargers for the batteries as well.

Btw, every game I've tried works except one. That would be Starfox 2 (the unreleased game). It works fine on my super famicom, but when I play it in the FC it states that there are no controllers plugged in, and refuses you to proceed.

Just thought I'd share.

How are you playing StarFox 2? Are you using the SNES Multicart??

Mine shipped. Now freakin hurry up Post Office!!!!!!!

I'll make sure yours get extra special service when I go into work Friday.icon_wink.gif

And re-route it to my house. Then post ramson picsicon_mrgreen.gif

I can't wait to get mine either..not a big Nintendo collector but I love stuff like this even for my few games.

Actually the only games I ever got a SNES for are:

Contra III

Final Fight 2 & 3

Cybernator icon_lust.gif (Target Earth part 2)

Metal Warriors (Which I need to buy again since it has vanished from my collection somehow?)

Castlevania 4

Mine shipped. Now freakin hurry up Post Office!!!!!!!

I'll make sure yours get extra special service when I go into work Friday.icon_wink.gif

And re-route it to my house. Then post ramson picsicon_mrgreen.gif

I can't wait to get mine either..not a big Nintendo collector but I love stuff like this even for my few games.

Actually the only games I ever got a SNES for are:

Contra III

Final Fight 2 & 3

Cybernator icon_lust.gif (Target Earth part 2)

Metal Warriors (Which I need to buy again since it has vanished from my collection somehow?)

Castlevania 4

Will one of the pics be my FC16 GO in a room duct taped to a chair???? :lol:

Still no photo of what model 2 looks like? Are model 1 versions available at a lower price, or are those a done deal?

We have already sold out of our original versions. Some other stores might have them though.

SAG000896_front02.1.jpg

Here's what's different from original:

• Reset button was moved from old location to where old power button was (in the middle)
  • Reset actually works now
  • Power Switch and LCD/TV switch are now one switch on the side of the unit. Its a 3-position switch that can either be: Off, LCD, or TV
  • Two Speakers on unit (stereo sound, original was mono)
  • Adapter plug and AV plug moved to front of unit
  • AV plug/Headphone Jack is now 3.5mm jack instead of 2.5mm like the original, so normal headphones will worth with unit
  • AV cord is also stereo as well
  • L/R buttons are now much larger and do not appear to stick occasionally like they did on original
  • Colored plastic part of unit is not a more glossy and it colored from the inside. The Charcoal actually looks pretty sharp now.
  • D-pad is SNES style, but unfortunately is still a bit large. I wish they would ahve used the same sized D-pad from their wireless controllers

One thing that did not change that a lot of people were hoping for is there are still tabs inside the unit that prevent SFC and EuroSNES from being played without modification.

Sorry I sold out of Charcoal so quickly I did not get any picture and they didn't have Silver in yet when I originally ordered. More are coming in soon.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Just thought I'd share.

How are you playing StarFox 2? Are you using the SNES Multicart??

No, you can't play that type of game on a multi cart. You have to put starfox 2's rom file on one of the specific FX carts through a data transfer.