IGNORED

S-Video cable failures?

JonnyBritish

So 6 montsh ago when i bought a new 130xe i also bought one of those super duper svideo cables of ebay. it was great and i nded up using it on my 800xl

a week ago i was playing dropzone late at night on the 800xl and left it running, switched of the monitor and went to bed. Next day turned monitor back on and display was not working. just a garbled mess. plugged the video cable into my second working 800xl and also 130xe and same effect.

this is on that LG LCD.

Now I can at least plug my 800 into the rf and i get the blue screen with basic etc so that works if a little fuzzy.

also tried the rf into the monitor and got the same effect.

who sells a straight cable from the 800xl monitor port to the lcd composite so i can find out whats going on

are these svideo cabled prone to failur elike this?

also what is that little screw i can see underneath the 800xl on the right? looks like it adjusts something?

So 6 montsh ago when i bought a new 130xe i also bought one of those super duper svideo cables of ebay. it was great and i nded up using it on my 800xl

a week ago i was playing dropzone late at night on the 800xl and left it running, switched of the monitor and went to bed. Next day turned monitor back on and display was not working. just a garbled mess. plugged the video cable into my second working 800xl and also 130xe and same effect.

this is on that LG LCD.

Now I can at least plug my 800 into the rf and i get the blue screen with basic etc so that works if a little fuzzy.

who sells a straight cable from the 800xl monitor port to the lcd composite so i can find out whats going on

also what is that little screw i can see underneath the 800xl on the right? looks like it adjusts something?

if you are getting it on all your machines it's most likely the cable... If you got it from the guy on ebay (Atarinmore store I think) he will replace it free of charge (although he takes awhile to reply/ship)...

this is on that LG LCD.

Yeah, I had my s-video cable go bad this week. Looks new but doesn't work anymore. Rarely used but went bad pretty quickly. Compare with normal DIN5 A/V cable which has been working for many years and gives almost identical results on my Amiga monitor. Normally some connection becomes loose at the connector part.